1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3s

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Mini-mad-matt, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Mini-mad-matt

Mini-mad-matt Member

Does the RNS-E, or the associated cd changer play mp3 cds? I know that the unit has the ability toplay mp3 from the SD cards, but just wondered whether it will do the cd ones as well.
    Thanks in advance,

MMM
  2. jey

jey Member

yes it does play cd mps's but the really **** thing about the rns is it will only show a song either on cd or sd as long as the title is less than 64 letters!!! so if more than 64 u have to edit them down which is pain steaking when u want to add 100 tracks to an sd,
  3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

The rns-e is pretty archaic. I'm keeping an eye on the 2010 rns-e's as they are coming down in price. Just need a B7 faceplate and I'll probably get one of them.
  4. Mini-mad-matt

Mini-mad-matt Member

?
    Archaic in what way? What does the newer one do that that my one won't?
  5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

From what I remember, better screen resolution, support for SDHC cards, support for more than the 512 file limit. PetrolDave has one fitted. There are various threads on the audiforum.us site.