1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 tagging & album art

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Chris28, May 6, 2013.

1. Chris28

Chris28 Member

[May 6, 2013]
    Hi all

Whats the best program to sort out tagging and getting album art for MP3's? I've tried the one that has been posted on the forum but didn't seem to completly work, any others I should try?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. MiT

MiT Work Hard, Play harder!!

[May 6, 2013]
  4. Jonsey

Jonsey New Member

[May 6, 2013]
    I just use the windows media player. If you're ripping a disk it does it automatically.
    If its already in mp3 format you can select all the tracks and "play all", create a playlist in media player (easy to do), then select all the tracks in the playlist that make up the album, "right mouse" them and select "get album info"( I think it is)... It brings up the cddb search window and allows you to correct unmatched tracks. It will then write the tag info, apply the artwork and can also automatically put the tracks into the right directory in my music /artist/album title/ and rename the tracks.

if you just want to manually edit the mp3 info, just right click the file, or group of files, and select properties, one of the tabs in the properties dialogue box is the mp3 data and you can just edit and save back to the file.

To play in the car, On your laptop, just drag and drop from the "my music" folder to the sd card and the media system is happy.

sorry for the lengthy explanation, but once you've done it a few times its easy.

hope this helps
  5. Nardies

Nardies Member

[May 9, 2013]
  6. number3

number3 Active Member

[May 9, 2013]
    i use this now as well, so agree with Nardies, just make sure the album art is under the stated size in the manual, which i cant remember off the top of my head.
  7. soulsurfer

soulsurfer Member

[May 11, 2013]
  8. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[May 11, 2013]
    I've only just started to use it myself, add album cover art to your mp3's, create playlists, convert the files I assume from other formats, rename the tracks etc

Editing ID3 tags with Mp3tag - YouTube
  9. soulsurfer

soulsurfer Member

[May 12, 2013]
    Ahah, So it puts all the correct info in the right place to enable searching, grouping and playing of your music using MP3 format instead of using iTunes for example which is limited to Apple devices. Useful for using SD cards...
  10. Nardies

Nardies Member

[May 13, 2013]
    You can use it overwrite the iTunes stuff too, it's pretty flexible and simple to use.