1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to this forum...

MattS5 Sep 7, 2007

1. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Said goodbye to my S3 this morning..........and pick my 53 plate B6 S4 up in the morning.
    Looks like I'll be spending more time in here from now on!

I trust you're a freindly bunch ;0

2. henry74

henry74 Member

Welcome! You're right - we're a pretty friendly bunch on here! Bet you're not gonna get too much sleep tonight!! (not filled with envy in any way whatsoever!) I haven't got any personal experience of the S4 but having been in my brother-in-law's S3 (who has since changed to an A4 1.9 TDI) quite a few times i'm sure you'll be well satisfied with your new steed. Enjoy :respekt:

3. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

The S3's engine doesn't compare to the engineering of the 4.2 V8. You will be hooked on the sound.

4. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

WELCOME TO THE S4 CROWD !!!

How are you finding it? What's the spec, colour etc...?
    Post Pics immediately...

5. jase0851

jase0851 Member

welcome matt

6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

S4...mmmm one day I hope.
    Yeah the grunt is a lovely sound especially with a nice filter on it. A pipercross Foam filter would sound Great.
    All V6's sound great with a filter IMO.

Even without, they sound right

7. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

cough**milltek exhaust**cough !

8. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

....oh yes and there is that!!!:icon_thumright:

9. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Only just got back from being out in it all day !

Awesome, I'm loving it.

Milltek was booked and paid for yesterday and will be going on Wed :) Cant wait.

Pics will follow, but must go out tonight so will sort some tomorrow.

I think I may enjoy this car immensely, just for the engine note alone !

10. james0808

james0808 Active Member

S4 with Milltek will sound fantastic.
    Lucky bugger.

11. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Thank you, I'm very pleased to be here :)

I'm loving it, despite having a small problem with my air con evaporator pipe being blocked, thats not stopping my fun!

The difference between my revo'd S3 and the S4 is fairly marked, I thought they would be similar, but I could have not been more wrong.
    The power delivery is so smooth, and the sound is awesome (Millteks are going on wed and I cant wait). It also needs less gear changing. Approach a roundabout in 3rd or 4th and the torque just keeps you trucking. No need to keep changing down to 2nd etc. I 'm still getting used to adapting my driving technique.
    Spec was reasonable, I always knew I'd struggle to find exactly what I wanted, but it does have Bose, Symphony 6 disc, full black leather, centre armrest, heated seats and the light pack.
    Its a sept 53 plate, 1 owner, 40k miles and all the books are complete, AVS servicing etc. (next one due in 14k miles or 540 odd days).

The only one thing extra I would have liked is reversing sensors, but may get them fitted later.
    Next job is the RNSe with bluetooth when I get back from Rome at the end of the month.

A few pics here http://www.mrsite.co.uk/usersitesv/mattandrews.co.uk/wwwroot/page11.htm

12. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

Very nice fella. Always nice in Black.
    Just been looking at a B7 saloon in Black with RS4 wheels. Lovely...

Whay I like most about the torque (you mention fewer gear changes), is pulling strong from basically tick-over in 6th, and nailing it onto a motorway up to alot of mph. 25mph to alot in one gear !