Moving to a 2012 rs3...

ricje

remap me
Reaction score
Hello all,

Simple question. Does moving to a RS3 from a 2010 RS5 make sense? Driven a 2012 plate one briefly but couldn't open it up due to the edgy salesman. I know the interior and tech is way below what I have (reversing camera, drive select with sports diff). And I'll miss the V8 sound...But I need a boot and can't afford a 2015+ model at £37K plus! Any help? Cheers

What do you hope to achieve by changing? An RS5 for sure is a very nice motor car but naturally aspirated so you're generally waiting for the motor to wake-up and/or rev. The 2.5 turbo inter-cooled RS3 motor is seemingly always ready and waiting, and wanting... Ride in the RS5 is way better than in an RS3 with STD suspension. But parking an RS3 is way easier than parking an RS5. An RS3 has an extra set of doors. Like I say, what do you want to achieve by changing? Me, I'm 100% RS3; I've driven the rest - top to bottom - and will stay RS3. And that'll come as no surprise to many contributors here.

What do you hope to achieve by changing? An RS5 for sure is a very nice motor car but naturally aspirated so you're generally waiting for the motor to wake-up and/or rev. The 2.5 turbo inter-cooled RS3 motor is seemingly always ready and waiting, and wanting... Ride in the RS5 is way better than in an RS3 with STD suspension. But parking an RS3 is way easier than parking an RS5. An RS3 has an extra set of doors. Like I say, what do you want to achieve by changing? Me, I'm 100% RS3; I've driven the rest - top to bottom - and will stay RS3. And that'll come as no surprise to many contributors here.

Achieve? Practicality. A change! And as my rs5 is getting to 70k miles time to change (as I did when my b7 rs4 got to that point).

Plus I love the idea of a 5 pot making that noise! But is the older rs3 that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Achieve? Practicality. A change! And as my rs5 is getting to 70k miles time to change (as I did when my b7 rs4 got to that point).

Plus I love the idea of a 5 pot making that noise! But is the older rs3 that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for me, ricje; I wouldn't change my 8P RS3 for anything else, period!

P1050755 mod

Lovely car. They do look the part. Maybe less in your face than the rs5...
64d0b9282000a62ea26d0ef84790684f.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc
I was 68-years of age in October 2011 with a lifetime in quick cars and then I drove an RS3 demonstrator. Three days later, having been told all of the 500 RS3 cars destined for the UK were sold, we found and purchased ours. There's nothing in the Audi emporium I'd sell/swap it for. And I do love the RS5/6 and 7, lots. But the RS3 is just something else; the perfect all weather machine for me - and I know a lot of other 8P RS3 owners who feel just the same.

What's not to like:

Upload 2017 3 22 19 45 44

Have to say, had I had the choice back in 2011 to have ordered a new one then it would have been a Daytona grey Audi RS3, stunning...

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-22_19-16-23.png
    upload_2017-3-22_19-16-23.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 215
  • upload_2017-3-22_19-17-56.png
    upload_2017-3-22_19-17-56.png
    13 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: ricje
I was 68-years of age in October 2011 with a lifetime in quick cars and then I drove an RS3 demonstrator. Three days later, having been told all of the 500 RS3 cars destined for the UK were sold, we found and purchased ours. There's nothing in the Audi emporium I'd sell/swap it for. And I do love the RS5/6 and 7, lots. But the RS3 is just something else; the perfect all weather machine for me - and I know a lot of other 8P RS3 owners who feel just the same.

What's not to like:

Have to say, had I had the choice back in 2011 to have ordered a new one then it would have been a Daytona grey Audi RS3, stunning...

Agreed. Just will Miss the tech (advanced key. Etc) but will gain that engine and the buckets like my rs4 of old