Moving from Kent to Bedford

D9n dk

Dan Klang
Reaction score
So going to be making the move up to Bedford shortly just wondered if anyone on here was around that area to give me some pointers

I live in Dunstable, just down the road from Bedford

Reactions: D9n dk
I live in Biggleswade, a couple of miles from Potton. Potton has a nice boozer called the Royal Oak. It is really cozy in the bar and has a high rated restaurant.

There is a Tesco there. The town has a really tight community spirit and are very protective of everything "Potton". If you like Golf it has a top rate course there called John O Gaunt.

Biggleswade is currently going through two big building projects, 2300 homes are being built over the next 5 years. The local retail park in Biggleswade is also being redeveloped. It will house a brand new Marks & Spencer, Next, River Island and already has a Homebase, Halfords, Pets at Home with a Vet service, Bensons beds, Matalan, TK Maxx.

The train from Biggleswade takes between 29 and 43 minutes to Kings Cross. Station car park is £4.70 a day but there is off street parking nearby for free which may be changed soon.

Worth visiting the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, Biggleswade. It has a collection of cars and planes and has air shows and car shows, steam events etc. Also has Swiss gardens, Bird of Prey centre.

Anything else you would like to know pm me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and D9n dk
The Shuttleworth Collection;

http://www.shuttleworth.org/the-collection/

It isn't a huge place but is a hidden gem. Easy to get to and normally quiet so you can really enjoy looking at the detail of the aircraft and motor vehicles without feeling like you are being rushed.

Wow thanks mate for the great information on the area. I know the pub it's very nice in there and the new shopping complex is that just as you come off the a1 on the round about looks like that could come in very handy. We have family that already live in potton so we are moving up to be closer to them. We love the area seems so calm and trouble free. I've got a job working for Saunders recovery in stotfold hgv driving and recovering so nice and local and I have a 1 year old little girl and it seems a great area to bring her up in

Yeah mate, the retail park is just off the a1 where the new roundabout layout is. It will be good for the area as it will bring people to the town.

I have seen Saunders recovery trucks in the area. Won't take you more than 20mins to get to work then hahaha

I think it is a nice area for bringing up kids, so much countryside around you, to walk and cycle. Also some good schools in the area. And you are not far from Cambridgeshire which is also lovely for walks and cycling.

Yeah mate, the retail park is just off the a1 where the new roundabout layout is. It will be good for the area as it will bring people to the town.

I have seen Saunders recovery trucks in the area. Won't take you more than 20mins to get to work then hahaha

I think it is a nice area for bringing up kids, so much countryside around you, to walk and cycle. Also some good schools in the area. And you are not far from Cambridgeshire which is also lovely for walks and cycling.

I'm pretty lucky mate with Saunders as they give you a lorry to take home so when I start my shift that's when j leave home but it's not far to the garage at stotfold. I do love a good cycle so peaceful clears the mind I find lol so be nice to go exploring around sometime when the weather is nice. Thanks for the great advise buddy

I live in Biggleswade, a couple of miles from Potton. Potton has a nice boozer called the Royal Oak. It is really cozy in the bar and has a high rated restaurant.

There is a Tesco there. The town has a really tight community spirit and are very protective of everything "Potton". If you like Golf it has a top rate course there called John O Gaunt.

Biggleswade is currently going through two big building projects, 2300 homes are being built over the next 5 years. The local retail park in Biggleswade is also being redeveloped. It will house a brand new Marks & Spencer, Next, River Island and already has a Homebase, Halfords, Pets at Home with a Vet service, Bensons beds, Matalan, TK Maxx.

The train from Biggleswade takes between 29 and 43 minutes to Kings Cross. Station car park is £4.70 a day but there is off street parking nearby for free which may be changed soon.

Worth visiting the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, Biggleswade. It has a collection of cars and planes and has air shows and car shows, steam events etc. Also has Swiss gardens, Bird of Prey centre.

Anything else you would like to know pm me.

Cheers
That is fantastic info Mark. So detailed. I think it sounds a nice place to stay. Hope your well :) x

That is fantastic info Mark. So detailed. I think it sounds a nice place to stay. Hope your well :) x
Hi Sandra,

Yes I am well thanks. I have been absent for a long while as I had to sell my Audi when I was forced to drive a crappy Renault for work as I was driving over 15000 miles a year. It would have put a lot of miles on the Audi and after 12000 miles you only get the lower mileage rate :)

Anyway, the Renault will be going back in January, as I have a new role, and I am now looking for a car :)

Dream for me would be an A5. So I am looking and hoping to get a nice car for a decent price.

How are you Sandra?

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Sandra,

Yes I am well thanks. I have been absent for a long while as I had to sell my Audi when I was forced to drive a crappy Renault for work as I was driving over 15000 miles a year. It would have put a lot of miles on the Audi and after 12000 miles you only get the lower mileage rate :)

Anyway, the Renault will be going back in January, as I have a new role, and I am now looking for a car :)

Dream for me would be an A5. So I am looking and hoping to get a nice car for a decent price.

How are you Sandra?
I'm good thanks mark. At the great Scottish run in Glasgow as my son is running. Hope you get an a5. Great to see you back on here. :) x

So we are up here it's been a very busy day didn't get to bed until 3:30 last night and was up at 7 this morning loaded the lorry and off we set
A little picture of the Audi sitting outside the storage unit loaded up and filthy but it looked good I couldn't help it

cb8969c3ce6ee025719b1d6a5ccb60c8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StateOfPlay, marcusp13 and Sandra