Motorcyclists!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Aaaargh! Got annoyed by these 4 Motorcyclists on the A34 today. Wouldn't mind a couple of opinions from riders also from what I witnessed.

Trundling on the A34 in my S3 between Solihull and Stratford, I'm stuck behind these 2 cars going up a hill, the first car is a Honda Jazz driven by an OAP, and they had slowed us up to around 30mph, 2nd in line is a Nissan Almera SE+(I think that's what was on the tailgate anyways)
So climbing this hill, I see a group of Motorbikes catching up fast, only the guy leading the pack was in proper Biking leathers, and following was another 3 riders in Fourescent Jackets, so I automatically presumed they we're having lessons of some sort. At the top of the hill, the road goes flat, and you can see approx. 1/2 mile ahead, so I had already decided to make my move to pass both cars if it was clear, and the Almera stayed put. And approaching the crest of the hill, the Almera had already started to indicate to pull out, as he has looked on up ahead before me, so I had to wait for him to finish his manouver before I could make mine.
Now the first Rider decided to pull a fast one and make a move to pass both me and the Jazz, following closely behind the Almera, and once that car had ducked in, he made another pass... I have no problems with this, he could see ahead and anticipated both what me and the Almera was about to do.
So just before the Almera had ducked in front of the Jazz, I had put my indicators on to pull out, so now in 3rd gear, I pull out accellerating hard, and a second bike decides to make a pass on me first. I mean I know bikes are pretty quick, especially in the midrange department, but my car is no slouch, and I had to ease off the throttle to let him pass, I reckon I would have caught him with my front wing had I not backed off! Now continuing my manouver, I'm safely pass this slow moving Jazz and the 2 following bikes proceed to make a pass on both me and the Jazz, they duck in momentarily behind the Almera in front and continue to pass that, where the central road markings is a solid white line!.

I just thought what bad riding from these 3 riders in yellow jackets, was they still learning or not?!

Sorry for the long winded post, just had to get it off my chest!

had to be learners without a doubt

Yeah I'd agree as a biker thats just messed up really, I dont agree with having 3 learner bikes on the go at once, 2 max.

If they were leaner bikes they wouldn't be all that quick sort of 5 seconds to 60 but mid range wont be fantastic.

If it had been a bunch of bikers on a mad sunday dash then you would have had the following

Noise
Amazement of just how quick they could pull away from your car
Passing on the hill
probably a wheelie
noise
and did I mention noise!

thats why they were learners or else they were couriers?

Just wanted to add, that during my 16 mile journey, there was quite a few bikes I encountered, but they all rode as I would have expected of them, passing safely, with indicators and a LOT of noise! :)

I don't know much about bikes myself, but I'm guess the ones I'm talking about are all 500cc+.

The rules of instruction limit the number of learners to 2 but that's not to say some take 3. It also seems weird that the non-learner was at the front as they normally observe from the back.

Sounds like the rider screwed up his move.

It may have been 'unofficial' instruction for recently passed riders. Quite a few of the direct access centres do these sessions, as the direct access course & test does not include any practical riding techniques like overtaking etc.

Or it could always have been numpties, who seem to be getting more prevelant these last few weekends, now the weather is getting a bit better.

Was out on mine this afternoon after fitting a new speedo cable and servicing it, and was not exactly hanging around, but still had plenty of tossers overtaking on blind corners and double white lines!!

Cheers,

Probably police riders,instructor and 3 learners:busted_cop:

Probably police riders,instructor and 3 learners:busted_cop:

If that's the case, then be afraid.... BE VERY AFRAID! lol Nevermind the bad driving/riding, overtaking on a solid white line is a fail right? If that's the standard we are looking forward to, then we are all fecked! :sos:

Bit off topic really - but when I was driving up and down to Gloucester a lot on the M6 / M5 (yawn of a drive)...every monday and back on the Thursday night - the number of times the motorways get closed cos of an accident by the pretend plod in their 4wd...sheesh....anyways I digress....motorcyclists...

There i was sitting in the outside lane, reading the paper, going nowhere for about an hour cos some tw*ts decided to close the motorway again......but then on my inside hammers up a motorcyclist doing a crazy speed...you know when you think sh*t what the f*** was THAT !
Anyways 4 cars up in front of me someone decides to change from middle to outside lane without bothering to check his mirrors.......next second this motorcyclist is parked in the side of this car.....
Needless to say was held up for yet another hour whilst they cleared up the mess....I saw this sort of accident at least 4 times over 2 years

Sadly some of the more 'Darwinian' bikers seem to think that white-lining can be done at any speed.

I come down the A41/34 from Bicester to Oxford every morning, and although I white-line when the traffic is slow, as a rule I won't do more than ~20-30mph, as you will always get someone trying to change lane, and there is not exactly anywhere to go!!

Touch wood, 12 years on a bike, and still never fallen off or hit something.

Cheers,

Yes there does seem to be some arrogance from a percentage of bikers who think they can do anything they like and its up to us car etc drivers to make room for them.

I remember one time I came off a roundabout on a dual carriageway in the left hand lane and had a bike wedged up my ***. Now I wasnt going slow, I came off the roundabout doing the speed limit of 50mph but the bike didnt overtake me. I assumed this was because about 500 yards up this dual carriageway was another roundabout and he was probably wanting to go straight on.

I could then see some of his mates a couple of hundred yards back who must have got caught up coming onto the roundabout. Keeping my eye on all of them I decided to move into the right hand lane as I wanted to go right on the roundabout, had about 200 years left and the bike behind me obviously wanted past as he was still right on my tail. So did the usual, checked mirrors, started indicating, made sure I was aware where the bikers were, looked over the shoulder and then started to move over.

It was at the point I started moving over one of the bikers at the rear decided to absolutely put the hammer down and try and get past me. Bear in mind he was a good 100 yards behind me and started this maneuver well after my indicating and just after Io started t pull out so I dont know what he was trying to achieve. Anyway he closed the 100 yard gap in a split second, god knows what speed he was doing but there was noway I could pull back in as the biker behind me previously was now comign past on the left.

Now If I had panicked I would of pulled back in and knocked his mate off all because of his stupid driving. Clearly the fault of the speeding biker but did they agree? No course they didnt. One biker went past giving me all kinds of hand gestures and another pointed towards his head obviously meaning for me to think?

Me and my passenger just looked at each other in disbelief at the arrogance, as I had been giving him a running commentary as I was watching them.

It seems crazy that such vunerable motorists act so recklessly on public roads but I guess thats all part of the "rush". Wont catch me on one.

I agree. The problem is, we all get tarred with the same brush. A bit like hot-hatch drivers...

Cheers,