1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle ride through Chenobyl

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sidibear, May 6, 2009.

1. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Damn man

3. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Good find! Thats quite unreal. Was she not in any danger because there were some high readings that she was picking up?

4. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

thats some sick sh&t it reminds me of silent hill ......wormwood was a scary bit for me because ive read that in the bible a sign of things to come scary stuff

5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator

Lil Coz, she is a scientist with a gieger counter, pretty certain she knows what she is doing.
    I am glad she does, absolutely amazing photos that we would never see otherwise.

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

OT: the bible, are you shitting me, lol, fair play to you if you read that, load of ****** to me but hey

Back on topic yeah I was thinking some of those readings were a tad high to be there.

7. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

She must have known what she's doing. She said that the levels were well within the limits for humans (where she went anyway). But still... would have worried the hell outta me. But then again I haven't got the education of it all like she has. Although having the ability to glow sounds like a nifty party trick!

8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That looks fascinating, I will read it properly later.

Lots of interesting pics, and snippets of information, like this:

9. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer...
    VCDS Map User

That is pretty amazing to see... I was 5 years old when this happened and lived in the East of Ukraine, but still remember the relocated kids and their families from evacuated towns around Chernobyl being put up in shared housing (komunalka) near the block of flats our family lived in.

Not many people know how it is to be living your life one day and then being told that you have to take only the bare essentials and go to another place and I hope not many have to find out.

That's some brave stuff she did - I'm not sure I'd want to risk the exposure or wondering into a pocket of radiation and then not being able to have kids or getting the nasty illnesses from it.

10. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer...
    VCDS Map User

"The day after the accident, this place on the bridge provided a good view of the gaping crack in the nuclear containment vessel that was ruptured by the explosion. Many curious people came here to have a look and were bathed in a flood of deadly x-rays emanating directly from the glowing nuclearcore."

That is nasty

11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

WOW!!!

12. Staz

Staz is a retronaut
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I saw this site a few years ago and was only talking about it with my misus the other day as I was doing that level on COD4 that's set there.

Weird.

13. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer...
    VCDS Map User

Yeah, that was a tough little mission... Great game that... imho the best in the series.