MOTO GP Assen Sat 12.45

motorbikez

Reaction score
Just a reminder Toesland Rossi and co Dutch GP 12.45 kick off on SAT not the usual SUN race.Lets hope James does better than last week erm alot better.

Not sure he'll do well there.
Assen's all about corner entry, which is allegedly the hardest thing to master in MotoGP.
Hope I'm wrong though.
I reckon Nicky Hayden's worth an E/W punt.

Hayden's going to have to do something or he'll have no job soon although there is speculation ducati are interested in him as melandri is doing very badly this year.Don't know whats wrong with melandri as he used to be a real charger and very aggressive rider.

Front row stoner,pedrosa,and rossi, James somewhat adrift 13th on the grid.Bowfers each way bet hayden 4th.

Hayden's going to have to do something or he'll have no job soon although there is speculation ducati are interested in him as melandri is doing very badly this year.Don't know whats wrong with melandri as he used to be a real charger and very aggressive rider.

From what I can gather, Melandri just can't get his head around the fact you just need to pin the Ducati and let the electronics sort it.
Capirex was the same.
He's old school, he rolls the throttle on and feels for grip.
If you watch Stoner, he just nails it and lets the TC sort it out.
If they ever ban TC, you'd see Stoner's results drop like a stone.

I agree Bowfer, at Donington you could hear the miss fires a the traction control did its work. Prior to TC he used to drop the bike every week. I can't see it lasting too long but look how hard it is to police in F1, it'll be the same in Motogp.

The thing is, whilst TC in F1 is relevant because of its use in road cars its less so in Motogp because road bikes hardly ever make use of traction control, unless the rider is bit of a balls out riding god that is.

For the race, I think Stoney will have it but Rossi will be on his tail, his natural talent at the track is always worth half a second.

Regards

Rob

Well moaner won but what an unlucky guy hayden is finally gets his act together podium a certainty then runs out of fuel and lets colin edwards through although you have to say colin was charging up the placings.

The thing is, whilst TC in F1 is relevant because of its use in road cars its less so in Motogp because road bikes hardly ever make use of traction control, unless the rider is bit of a balls out riding god that is.

TC will become more and more common on roadbikes, but the fact is the technology/knowhow is already there.
You could happily ban TC in MotoGP today and it would not affect it's conversion onto roadbikes in any way, just as its ban from F1 won't affect its conversion onto road cars.

So just ****** ban it.:angrymod:

I agree, in the banning of TC and I agree it wont harm the development of the road goind systems.

I agree, in the banning of TC and I agree it wont harm the development of the road goind systems.

You can already spec traction control on BMW K series road bikes I could have had it but didn't bother and from next year all honda road bikes of 250cc and over will have ABS as an option or standard on some models.

I am with you and bowfer here I think TC should be banned as most of the top riders in moto gp want it banned except stoner of course.