1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOT'd the car :o(

Oranoco Oct 31, 2009

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

2 advisories for a CV boot starting to perish and low brake pads.

That's me sorted for another 12 months. :arco:

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Hmm i got an advisory on a CV boot too, i'll need to sort that at some point.

3. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

if its not burst superglue and black silicone does the job. will last a good while longer if you clean right i the groves with petrol or something before running glur round it then black silicone.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

aye, i'll need to get some!

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I stuck mine on the MOT ramp with Superglue and panel adhesive.LOL

I have gaiters in stock but lazyness dictates....... Meh !!

6. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

Mine passed the other week, but I'd had both CV boots replaced in the last 3 months at two separate places... one was a good quailty one, the other turns out to be a 'universal' boot and is about to perish again. Grrrrrrrr!

But... I guess that's what comes with having a lowered car.

7. andy110m

andy110m Member

Mine went in yesterday and failed on 2 parts. The off side CV and the near side upper rear control arm. Got an advisory for the other side.

A quick trip to see Jason at All German parts got me the bits, went for the HD's and fitted them last night. Thats pinch bolts fun!

Going to get a mate at a garage to throw the new CV boot on and that should sort that for another year. :)

8. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

how much of a mission is a cv boot on a quattro?

9. audinary

audinary Complete And Utter Member

I had advisories on front pads and rear hoses.

TBH I reckon they saw it was an S plate and assumed the pads would be duff without even looking at them...

Still. No point getting new pads until I have 312mm discs on :)

10. andy110m

andy110m Member

Doing the boot isn't that hard in itself. The main problem I had is all the steel bolts in ally casting are seized. Same problem as the dreaded pinch bolts. Just take your time and don't be tempted to put a scaffold tube on the end of a breaker bar.