MOT with Number Plate LED's

Maq

Quattro_AvQ
Reaction score
Booked into Audi tomorrow for a service and MOT. Everything seems to be fine on the car, only thing worrying me is a possible failiure due to the number plate lights not being the original ones supplied to the car at manufcture. Ive tried to search around, some people have failed and others passed at vauxhall etc.., would like to find out any experiences which you guys have had.
Thank Yooouuu

as long as they are white colour they will be fine.

I have had no problem on my A4's for years with LEDs in sides and No plate

I had my A4 B6 1.9 TDI Sport Avant GMBH in for its MOT last month at Tyneside Audi; on my 4th year of free MOTS; 132,000 miles on the old girl and she has never failed at the dealer; Mine has;

Coilovers Very Low; Spacers 15mm on rears with 225/35/19's just poking out the arch. Nice Stance.....

Aftermarket HID's
Sidelight LEDS
No Plate LEDS
and I even had UK Legal Pressed's on with the Euro emblem to the left.

The guys at Tyneside are good mind and liked the car.

So dont worry mate.

By the way I had my Brake fluid changed for £35 whilst it was in and they were doing an offer for £70 to regas the Aircon and change brake fluid (Indy quoted the same price!). My Car is also looked after by an Independent so they only see it for the MOT!

Mark.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat...MOT with Audi next week, and my number plate LEDs are throwing up errors more and more often, probably once every ten times I start the car. I can't see why they'd fail it on the bulbs (providing they work!) unless they were bright blue and made your tailgate look like a landing strip at an airport.