1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOT passed - phew

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jcs356, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

S3 past it’s MOT yesterday – a few advisories around corrosion on the suspension springs and worn top mounts, but another year of S3 motoring sorted out. Shame about the £700 I had to fork out for 4 new tyres, new front disks and front pads prior to the MOT… Oh well, it is still less than the depreciation I’d suffer on a newer car :yes:. It's also nice to have the alignment all sorted once again - although given the state of the roads I don't hold out much hope for that staying where it should be.

Today was also the day when I got my year’s worth of cashback from my credit card. That totalled £191.66, so thinking of a little treat for the car – time for a Badger TIP, filter & heat shield me thinks??? :yum:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Defo Badger5 it Jase, next best mod after a remap for power.

4. JonBoi25

JonBoi25 Member

Goog to hear yours is out the way :) ! My Mot's tomorrow :) ive also purchased four new tyres for mine, what did you go for ? , Jon

5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Good luck tomorrow, Jon.

I got some Falken FK452s from Camskill in the end. I appreciate they don't have a sexy tread pattern and are a pretty old design, but for £90 a corner fitted I wasn't going to complain too much. Most of my driving is motorway anyway.

Joe - yeah, been pondering it for a while but was expecting a big bill from the garage. Now that's out of the way it's spend, spend, spend.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'm running Falkens on mine Jase, they coped with a few sessions @CC surprisingly well! I was hunting Jardo down the S3 slayer!! :racer:

7. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Doh, I've snoozed and I lost!

Blue TIP is now on 30 day back order....

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.