1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOT on new cars

PaulBelsham Nov 30, 2004

1. PaulBelsham

PaulBelsham Member

Hi All
    Was just wondering, my car is gonna be 3 years old in January, does that mean I get it MOT'd then, or is it the following year ? and will I be reminded of that as well ?

Cheers
    Paul

2. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes you need to MOT it in January on its 3rd birthday.

You may get reminded by your normal audi dealer but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers
    Rich.

3. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

It is also worth doing it in the month before the 3 year birthday as if the MOT finds anything wrong with the car, you've still got an Audi Warranty to put things right.

4. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    jcs356 said:
    It is also worth doing it in the month before the 3 year birthday as if the MOT finds anything wrong with the car, you've still got an Audi Warranty to put things right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!

I did exactly that...thankfully!
    An MOT fail was handed to me after my 2 year and 11 month old S3 was tested just inside it's warranty period:
    2 suspension bushes worn out, one track rod end worn out and a cracked fuel filter!
    Not impressed at all..

Fortunately, Audi fixed them all...

5. neil.c

neil.c Senior

When your tax disk reminder comes it will tell you that your vehicle requires an MOT.