1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOT EU regs on no ECU mods

1animal1 Sep 10, 2012

1. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

You talking about the flaps in the BM's? yes most just remove them and replace with alloy plugs (£110) - I took mine off, chopped the flaps out (despite mine being the stronger ones) and replaced whilst securing with high temp sealant. They used to have a habit of being ingested in the engine and sending them bye byes - simply no benefit in replacing them.

Yarp, had just done the auto lights/wiper retrofit too so was almost ideal spec for me - just pained me when thinking of the money i'd lose, so sold it and paid the saving off my mortgage (told you!! sensible haha). Only cost me £1k for a years worth of motoring including paying for vagcom and a few mods, not bad bit of luck that ;)

2. 1animal1

oh and at 20,000 miles, i was 70% certain the clutch was on its way out, no idea what map was on it or for how long - certainly was rapid and sharp on the acceleration.

3. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

Ahhhh! Nothing like 8l s3s then lol

4. 1animal1

haha...probably easier to replace :D... they may have sorted it on the E90's, just fore warning.... shame the 30d's dont have a cast mani like the 35's :(