MOT due - £99 is a discounted rate apparently

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
just checked my email, and saw an email saying my mot was due. Fair enough.
But £100 for an MOT? has anyone else got this from mot angel?
mot.png

Reactions: Smir
Never heard of MOT Angel but just done a quick search and it looks like it's some kind of insurance plan for MOT's. They will pay for any failures or advise you on the cheapest way to repair the car to get it through an MOT.
I pay £35 for a normal MOT and don't have any issues. Some common sense and good maintenance of the car will usually get it through with no problems.
I suspect like most car warranty type plans there are probably a million loop holes that mean you can't claim or if you can it will be limited.

I'd steer well clear, I get mine for £45 at my local council MOT depot, no stitch ups or invented issues.

As has been said, you generally know if your car will pass or not so as long as you've kept on top of things like failing light bulbs and low tyre wear etc you shouldn't need any kind of MOT "insurance".

Wow.
An MOT at an Audi garage is only £49.99 and that includes some MOT protection as well.
http://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/mot.html
I appreciate not everyone likes Audi dealers but, I am pleased with the service offered by mine. Went in for an MOT recently which was free after having the timing belt and water pump change (you get a free MOT for life). Passed with no work needed.

I use my local WeOnlyMOT and if car is within 10 years old, if it fails the MOT you dont have to pay until it passes. and they dont offer any repairs, so no scaming. its £45

I'd hate to see what the full price was lol.

I pay £35 usually and as Karl said, some basic TLC and never had any problems.

In my humblest of humble opinions it shouldn't take the MOT to identify issues.

Reactions: Smir and desertstorm