1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MoT Advisory help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by lee111s, Jul 1, 2011.

1. lee111s

lee111s Member

[Jul 1, 2011]
    Hello everyone!

I had my MoT done recently and was advised that my offside front anti-roll bar linkage has play in the ball joint. Am I right in thinking it's this Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

The second thing is that the offside suspension arm rubber bush has deteriorated. What do I need to buy to replace this? My mate's a mechanic and will do the work for me if I supply him the parts ;)

Would I be right to assume that this will be one cause of my car pulling to the left and the steering wheel being off centre?

Any help is much appreciated
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. ja3mie

ja3mie A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

[Jul 1, 2011]
    the one in the link is correct yes, but i can tell you.. ebay... you can get 2 for that price if you use ebay ;)

and yes, the worn bush could cause pulling to one side as the arm can move/change angle!

jamie
  4. gary3306

gary3306 Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 1, 2011]
    The rubber bush he'll be refering to will be either the one at the rearmost mounting of the wishbone (suspension arm), or the front mounting point of the wishbone. You can get new bushes but its easier and nearly as cheap to put a whole new wishbone on, which will come with the bushes and the lower ball joint already fitted.