1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosquito net! lol

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by newbiecrg, Apr 26, 2007.

1. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[Apr 26, 2007]
    Hi guys, just about to give my new Phantom Black S3 the first clean. What is the best way of removing the dead flies from the bonnet and bumper without damaging the paintwork? I will use wool mitten glove to wash the car with a double bucket technique and a mild car shampoo with wax... Any help would be apreciated... Thanks

Pedro
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. stan

stan Member

[Apr 26, 2007]
    A really simple start could be mix up some car wash/water in a spray bottle & give the area a good spray, let soak then rinse with hose, then wash car should soften them to ease removal.
    You could move on to a proper bug remover,a Gilmour foam gun, or even a APC soak.
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Apr 26, 2007]
    All good advice above, my method is to make sure my suds mix is very warm and make gentle repeated passes until the guts soften and come free. Using bug removers and APC certaibly helps, but will strip the protection, meaning you'll need to top up straight away. :)
  5. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[Apr 26, 2007]
    That's what I will do! most of the bugs are gone but there are still some bug remnants... I did not want to do anything agressive so I let them stay, this weekend I will gently wash my car again...

Thanks
    Pedro