Morning surprise

RSAudi

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to thrash the b**** off my A3 sport after fitting the group buy DV (thanks John) and having it chipped. WOW. I normally just use the torque on my very twisty-backroad 27 mile journey home and love it. This was a saturday thrash with no where to go and great fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Thing is, on Monday morning (first time in it after thrash) the thing flies!! Loads faster than normal and really 'wants' to GO. Look at the gas pedal and it leaps forward. Is this just adaptive programming in the ECU I'm thinking and will soon adjust to normnal?

Anyway, I now know why I HAVE to thrash it hard at least once a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think the adaptation is in the ECU, but your perception of its speed and responsiveness will adapt over the next few weeks! I know mine did when I got a rechip...

Definitely the car rather than me. I have had it chipped for around a month now but rarerly rev the nuts off it as it has loads of torque since the chip.

AFAIK the ECU is adaptive and I suspect the cause of this behaviour - I do however stand to be corrected by more knowledgeable members

I think the ECU adapts to the way you drive the car.. the more you thrash it the more quicker it will feel.. the setting for the ECU constantly change with how you drive the car. I used to drive my A3 on motorways at a constant speed of 60, but on the weekends i could feel the car was very sluggish. However nowadays im hitting the gas pedal more and i can feel the responsiveness of the car. So yes give the car a thrashing at least once a week...

Once a week! How do you only manage once a week. Apart from my dosile drive to work in mornings my car gets it big time. I love acceleration.

[ QUOTE ]
GavinH said:
Once a week! How do you only manage once a week. Apart from my dosile drive to work in mornings my car gets it big time. I love acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once a week is easy. When you include travel I work an 11-12 hour day. Too tired to thrash a car in the week, I'd only crash it. Saturday is always too busy which leaves sundays for play. Once a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GavinH said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not oo good for the car to be driving it hard all the time either.. specially if u are edlining all the time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Not oo good for the car to be driving it hard all the time either.. specially if u are edlining all the time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fine fine one to talk!! You with your incredibly heavy right foot! Or is this you getting old now??

Thrashing your car is the only way to be, and stuff this about being tired after working 11-12 hours, it's good for relieving stress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
it's good for relieving stress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rob_A3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
it's good for relieving stress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception of the speeding tickets you get when caught speeding....just got my third one in as many months, but at least it was only 44 Euros ...this time/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It beats the 245 that I have just paid and the 187 before that I suppose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fine fine one to talk!! You with your incredibly heavy right foot! Or is this you getting old now??

Thrashing your car is the only way to be, and stuff this about being tired after working 11-12 hours, it's good for relieving stress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not getting old... and do give it a good thrashing atleast once a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just not every day! If anything else the fuel bills are just too high! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rich