1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More window wiper woes...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by danzman2002, Sep 12, 2013.

1. danzman2002

danzman2002 New Member

Hi all,

After eventually getting my B7 Aero Wipers & Wiper Arms on my B6 Avant - the drivers side one misses a whole chunk of the windscreen when it's wet!

When the wipers are halfway up the windscreen, you can see an arch where the wiper rubber itself completely loses contact with the windscreen.

With my MOT due in a week, I'm a bit worried about it!Is the problem likely to be caused by the wiper, the wiper arm, or because the B6 & B7 windscreens are slightly different shapes?

If it's the wiper arm, is it possible to 'adjust' the tension on it, to push the wiper onto the windscreen? (When you push it by hand, it does make contact)

Many thanks,
    Daniel
  2. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Active Member

I think it's down to wear on your spindle on the mech and the blades being new.
    I had the same issue. I've bent my arm slightly to give a better push on the screen.
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

the b6 and b7 screen is the same
  4. Mike_B

Mike_B Member

Try swapping the blades over. Depending on what you bought you may find they are handed. Mike.
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Exactly what I did, place the middle of the arm on a block of wood, and bend the outer edges down.

I know, but B7 arms when fitted to a B6 sometimes have this problem.
  6. andy.l

andy.l Member

Just fitted mine and a new scuttle only to have the same problem,doesnt touch the passenger side of the glass,not happy :(
  7. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

Had same problem a month ago when my wipers seized.You've probably bent the mech when taking the wiper arms off the spindle.I spent ours trying to adjust this and bend the wiper arms.In the end i got p****d off and bought a new mech from Audi for £75 - problem sorted instantly.