1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more treble from BOSE needed

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by khalil, Jul 11, 2006.

1. khalil

khalil Member

hi have a audi a3 2004 with bose is it possible to get more treble from the bose system, i connected my own amp and sub to the standard system but need much more treble

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Get someone with VAGCOM to deselect the Bose coding on the HU. Bose uses a flat EQ on the HU as it has it's own EQ programmed inside the Bose amps, so you get very little response from the Bass & Treble with the HU coded for Bose when using a non Bose amp.

4. khalil

khalil Member

many thanks for your help, so does that mean i still leave all the BOSE speakers and amps as they are or are you saying they need to be replaced

5. khalil

khalil Member

what i have done is tapped the signal from my rear speakers, that how i got the signal going into the sub amp

6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No leave all the Bose kit in place just deselect the Bose coding on the HU.
    You'd also get a better signal going to the sub amp by tapping it at the pre-outs rather than the speaker outs, but the improvement on a sub will be marginal.

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No leave all the Bose kit in place just deselect the Bose coding on the HU (via VAGCOM). This will give you a better response from the HU treble control. You'd also get a better signal to the sub amp by tapping the rear pre-outs rather than the speaker outs, but on a sub I guess the improvement would be marginal.

8. khalil

khalil Member

thanks so much for the tip mate, so how do i tap the signal from the pre out where is the pre out?? or shell i just leave that bit out, so you reckon if i decode the head unit i would get better signal going to the sub and better treble to the bose speckers, by decoding the HU will that not mess the sound quailty

9. khalil

khalil Member

you anyone in the west midlands who can deselect the Bose coding on the HU (via VAGCOM).

10. khalil

khalil Member

so the bose uses a flat EQ, so when you deselect the bose coding, what does the eq level go to if you know what i mean,

11. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It goes to normal EQ for a head unit. People who've done it seem to prefer the non Bose setting on the HU as you get a much wider range of sound from the bass & treble controls. To me the Bose setup in the A3 always sounds slightly muffled.