1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More steering issues

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by powerplay, Mar 24, 2006.

1. powerplay

powerplay Grrrr

Have noticed a new problem which is gradually getting worse.

When turning the wheel more than about half a turn, particularly to the right, I get a noticable "groaning/sighing" noise from somewhere up front, espicially noticable at slow speeds ie when pulling onto drive.

Its only when moving, unlike the creaking noise I get from turning left which happens regardless of moving.

Anyone had this or any idea whats up?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wilko

wilko Top Gear

I get the same kind of noise when reversing onto my driveway which has a slight gradient, almost sounds like the car is being stretched.

4. yep i also have the same problem in my 3.2

Its worse when cold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ive taken it back many times with regards to condensation in the rear light cluster as I'm loosing the patience to persist it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. powerplay

powerplay Grrrr

Just noticed that word is a revised steering rack is available for the creaking symptom. Will go back to dealer with this info and hopefully get it replaced under warrantee to solve both issues...

6. Skittler

Skittler Redlined

Nice sig, Powerplay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I must remember to take more care to listen to mine carefully if there's a warranty solution.