more scum bags around

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
went to bluwater today ( i know my own fault :ohmy: )
was in there just over an hour around mid day ish .

came out , car was parked in the front open air car park ,
walked up to the car and realised something not right.

drivers side mirror hanging down , no glass
passenger side half split open but glass still intact.

these are the standard plasic mirrors not s3 ally

the theiving gits nicked the auto dimming mirror glass and must of got disturbed while attempting passenger side . :mad:

Audi want £180 just to replace the one piece of mirror and its got to be specially orderd in ,

so question is does anyone know where i can get this cheaper ?

thanks

sorry the hear this matey, looks like there is alot of jelous people out there

How would they even know if it was auto dimming glass? How strange...

How would they even know if it was auto dimming glass? How strange...

i could be wrong, but dont they have a slight bluish tint to them where as the standard glass is like a normal mirror?

i think nhn has a pair of autodimming mirrors pm him and im sure he will be reasonable about it

*** not again, what is wrong with people these days.

You can tell if auto dimming as the older version has a black plastic surround & the current has a dotted line about 8mm in from the edge of the glass all the way round, which I prefer tbh.

it seams like everyday something is happening to us audi lot im half tempted to sell up

don't do that. it means that they've succeeded - don't give them the satisfaction.

Hmm I was thinking of driving up to Blue water in a few weeks to, might make GF drive her car now, it is a sodding joke that you cannot just go out in your car and pack it in safety

Absolute joke, you'd have thought that someone would have seen something. Like all public car parks, the security is non-existent, except when you park "wrongly" and then they call out your car reg over the tannoy and make you feel like a criminal. Poor effort.

I am at Bluewater tomorrow, I hope the folding mirrors prove to be a deterrent.

There seems to be alot of this at the moment. Christmas presents?

I was thinking last night how it appears that car crime has dropped over the last couple of years.
I guess its not. :(

They must have been on the hunt for the glass. It dont seem like a random act or spur of the moment.

I hope the new parts to put you to much out of pocket.

This constant thieving is getting dumb now!
Sorry to hear about it mate, especially at the most expensive time of the year.

However...

Audi want £180 just to replace the one piece of mirror and its got to be specially orderd in ,
so question is does anyone know where i can get this cheaper ?

Bluewater's carpark, apparently.
Or Lakeside's?? :eyebrows:

Absolutely shameful. Its glass ***. Get a proper ******* job and stop taking the **** out of those of us that graft our ***** off to have a decent car.

You go to a dive like bluewater...your going to meet low life. sorry but thats a fact.

thanks for the reply guys

nhn on the case so see how it goes

wedged a mk 4 golf one in there for now

You go to a dive like bluewater...your going to meet low life. sorry but thats a fact.

Eh Paddy?? I have been bluewater on a number of occassions in my S3 (but that's gonna change mate!!) and usually park right out the front of John Lewis or take it around the side to House of Fraser. Anyhow, if Bluewater is a dive, what does it make Lakeside Thurrock?

And if you can't take your car to a relatively safe large well populated shopping complex, where the **** can you?

Reading threads like this just re-inforces my decision not to buy another (and questions why I bothered) 8P S3 because there is an ever increasing drought & demand for spares.

347 - Sorry to hear about your problems, KKP

Eh Paddy?? I have been bluewater on a number of occassions in my S3 (but that's gonna change mate!!) and usually park right out the front of John Lewis or take it around the side to House of Fraser. Anyhow, if Bluewater is a dive, what does it make Lakeside Thurrock?

Bluewater is fine, and certainly not a dive. Out of ALL of the shopping centres in and around London (and believe me, I've been to all of them, many times, over many years) Bluewater has to be one of the least dive-like of them all.
This sort of car theft can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

Eh Paddy?? I have been blue-water on a number of occasions in my S3 (but that's gonna change mate!!) and usually park right out the front of John Lewis or take it around the side to House of Fraser. Anyhow, if Bluewater is a dive, what does it make Lakeside Thurrock?

And if you can't take your car to a relatively safe large well populated shopping complex, where the **** can you?

Reading threads like this just re-enforces my decision not to buy another (and questions why I bothered) 8P S3 because there is an ever increasing drought & demand for spares.

347 - Sorry to hear about your problems, KKP

Sorry , it was an unfair remark because i have never been there. Regardless of the shopping center its the principle of leaving a car in a massive insecure car park where, lets face it, even if people saw someone prizing a mirror out they would walk on by. Thankfully its not the sort of place i have ever felt the need to visit so i suppose i am lucky but this sort of thing is a major factor why i run an old car and why i have a cap on how much i would spend. I looked round a year old Vantage last week and while its just so tempting, the thought of someone messing it up would just spoil the whole experience for me..

thanks for the reply guys

nhn on the case so see how it goes

wedged a mk 4 golf one in there for now

Did you report it to the Police? They might be able to get some CCTV footage. At least if it gets reported it's more likely that something might get done if everyone reports such incidents.

Sorry , it was an unfair remark because i have never been there...

Says the man who drives down the M11 and onto the M25 with his fancy satnav oblivious to its wizardry!! I know what it is, you're being a tight git who doesn't want to pay the dartford toll to get to Bluewater. That's why you've never been there lol! :thumbsup:

Yes but why should anyone pay it anymore, its paid for itself over a few times & it was our money that paid for it anyway, so it should be ****** free, complete & utter rip off IMHO.

I used to drive there twice a day, apart from the poxy £30 a day fuel bill, the toll aswell, even if its minimal against the fuel was just a joke, all adds up at the end of the day.

I know mate, I'm only messing around - out of principle I try to avoid it wherever possible - and that doesn't mean going around clockwise from the M11! ;)

I realise you're humour you daft sod, I was actually making a valid point though, its a ripoff now.

Says the man who drives down the M11 and onto the M25 with his fancy satnav oblivious to its wizardry!! I know what it is, you're being a tight git who doesn't want to pay the dartford toll to get to Bluewater. That's why you've never been there lol! :thumbsup:

OOOOOOOH get you !!I live in Surrey...but i have a second home in Cromer so the dartford crossing is a way of life.
My brother worked for the RAC 5 years ago and at that time the Bridge had paid for its self 6x over so now it must be minting it.

Incidently...no one did tell me what i did to my sat nav to make it start giving traffic info ?? I am not talking about the on screen stuff, I am talking about the sat nav voice giving info as well.

You sure you not just hearing voices in your head again Paddy? :think:

You have to pay to use a bridge down south? BBC NEWS | Scotland | Tolls removed from Scots bridges :icon_thumright:

Oh yea but normally the voices say things like " Kill Kill Kill" !! not " Caution,slow moving traffic 3 miles ahead"....:)

I wonder if its something they are trailing on the M25 if no one else gets these messages ??. Another one was Warning , roadworks in 5 miles.
Its obviously a live signal to the car because congestion would come and go unlike roadworks...

Last edited: