More S3 Drama

Revival of an old thread here - but thought I'd fire the old girl up for an update.

10,000 miles down now after the end of the rebuild and we're still running sweet which is good news! :thumbsup:

Engine is still good, turns out that the AGU lump is more hardy than given due credit for.

Revival of an old thread here - but thought I'd fire the old girl up for an update.

10,000 miles down now after the end of the rebuild and we're still running sweet which is good news! :thumbsup:

Engine is still good, turns out that the AGU lump is more hardy than given due credit for.
the agu engine is a belter for mods i think it had forged internals as standard...

10k since jan?! mofo

Yeah, it's cost me a little in fuel....

I do a lot of work mileage sadly. We have smart cars as pool cars which we can use, but to be fair, I'd rather drive the S3 qat my own expense - as I am sure you can understand....

the agu engine is a belter for mods i think it had forged internals as standard...

Ummmm, nope. It has forged pistons, and a forged crank like most of the 1.8T varients. However it's got the same old crappy con rods.

The reason I say that it's hardier than expected is because is has less strenghtening (webbing) inside the block itself when compared to one of the S3 varient engines (APY, AMK, BAM). This concerned me a little, as I do drive the thing hard!

i thought i piled on the mileage fast. mk3 golf has been doing 25k a year since i got it

good skill tho