MORE PROBLEMS

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
2 things

my boot seal is knackered apart from audi where else can i get this from cheap over £30.00 from audi for a piece of rubber??

2nd my oil warning light flickers on when it feels like it most times when its bin sat and i start it on a night when it cold etc. ive checked oil levels and all is ok??? im dreading my car seizing up!!!:asskicking:

Oil could be the oil pump.... IIRC the warning is for pressure not level.

You could try a scrappers for the seal.

oh that intresting......... its on the main dashboard display a big piture of a oil can dripping oil.............so that is for oil pressure not level?? what car you drive mate i live in york too!!!!!

Already done some mods.... aero wipers, flip key remote upgrade (was on the old style fixed on)

Next on the cards is rs4 reps and facelift head lights.

intresting i didnt know you could upgrade key fob before i got my 1996 audi i test drove a T reg and that had the flip key fob amazing these small differences can just be so cool cant they. how much that cost you??

I got the updated RF pump from simos, and a set of keys of ebay. All I needed to do was take the immo chip out of the old keys, got some key blanks cut, fit them to the new keys and sync the keys to the pump via vagcom.

It was a ball ache job to do and I'm never doing it again !!! lol !!!

Total cost...... just under £50

You really need to get the sump of the car and clean it out. I had a 96 1.8T Turbo Sport which did this as well and the sump was bunged up with small chunks of carbonised oil. The pickup on the oil filter was getting clogged up.

The sump was dropped, which is an awkward job, and fully cleaned and a new oil pump put on (£80 from GSF) oil feed to turbo was changed as well although it didnt look too bad inside. The car never showed the problem again.

I see your other thread on a glowing turbo. What do you think a turbo does when it doesnt get enough oil....... heats up alot then goes bang.

Do it before either the turbo blows or you sieze an engine, its slightly cheaper at this stage.