More Power!!!

UR ANT

Reaction score
Hello all :arco:. I have a s3 8l 225 and it is remapped to stage 1 and it also has a k&n panel filter so it is highly modified :haha:. Im just wanting to know what sought of mods will i need to do for 300+bhp? Would i just be able to fit a turbo back exhaust system and injectors or would i defo need a bigger turbine?

I too know of another that has had full rebuild and a new standard k04 turbo , but rebuilt with uprated rods and dyno at 309 bhp. Had a forge tip plus usual stage 2 mods, fmic , downpipe, sports cat ect........

Sean

or go GTxx, IHI or Precision? More power = more money = more smiles.

What about going stage 2?

What does stage 2 consist of and what power will be reachable?

What does stage 2 consist of and what power will be reachable?
stage 2 requires downpipe, intercooler and intake pipe upgrades. Not to mention a good bill of health.

if you have revo stage 1 the upgrade to stage 2 is £50.

And realistically, expect 270 mayyyybe 280hp at a push.

300bhp is by no means easy. If you have a read through my thread you'll see the amount i've had to change. Here's just a snippet:

- 3" Downpipe
- Tubular exhaust manifold
- Stronger Rods
- Refurbished large port head
- Water Methanol Injection
- Brand new K04 turbo
- 3" TIP
- Front Mounted Intercooler
- Decat
- Full sports exhaust
- Custom remap
- New flywheel and clutch
- New fuel pump

EDIT - Injectors - How the fk did I forget them!

All of the parts added up to a fair bit and I did most of the work myself to try and keep the cost down but it's still expensive. The engine is now future proofed and I do intend on going Hybrid or big turbo at some point.

Last edited:
^^^ and some expensive injectors!

300bhp can, and has been done. How long for though? nobody really knows.Westys project is a great example of sticking with something and seeing it through to it's ultimate, it's also readied him for a hybrid with no additional work.

280 has been done many times, and seems to be a reliable and realistic aim that's not too tough to get to.

^^^ and some expensive injectors!

300bhp can, and has been done. How long for though? nobody really knows.Westys project is a great example of sticking with something and seeing it through to it's ultimate, it's also readied him for a hybrid with no additional work.

280 has been done many times, and seems to be a reliable and realistic aim that's not too tough to get to.

I intend on going back to R-Tech at some point in the summer for a health check and see if it's lost any oomph. I'm not expecting the blower to last for ever but when it tires I'll get it rebuilt with hybrid parts ;)

Bang a large port inlet and some N/A cams in there and see what happens :D

I'm going to be heading back up to Niki at some point also, we were never able to road test mine properly due to the weather, so the boost profile still needs a bit of work in places under certain load conditions.

A stage 2 map and a dyno run on AMD's rollers should do the trick.

I think the air must be better down there.

^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif