More Power with Cruise Control

S3KO4

Reaction score
Ok, I have an a3 pd130 tdi auto it has a lot more torque and flow when driven with the cruise control, and better mpg, does any one know what the fault might? It feels like there is no boost and numb when it's driven with the normal accelerator pedal.

I have checked for fault codes, non has come back! its only an ebay £45 vag com

better mpg is normal...pretty much all the cars get a better mpg when cruise control is used since the pedal is fixed and there is no fluctuation in the air or fuel, so it is more economical...specially if on highway.
but for the torque.....i have no frickin idea! weird

how do u notice the torque difference with cruise control activated mate? i would have thought with the pedal stayin still, it wont feel any difference without accelerating if you know what i mean.

it's just weird really! I know it feels down on power somewhere but when it slows down with the CC on and it picks up speed it has a long punch! wide band torque!

Does n75 has anything to do with it? I have scenned it last week with no faults. the only fault came up at one point last month was break switch pedal. I cleared, it then never came back! I am a bit worried it might be damaged without throwing codes.

Last edited:
do you find that it drives better on part throttle rather than full?... if so I would be looking at the MAF. I think the cruise control is irrevelent and would of though it was more to do with throttle position.