More Power....What Next?

I

imported_jimbogrey

Having had the Revo remap and Forge DV what options do I have to increase power and at what cost and gain. Being new at this some non biased advice from you guys would be appreciated.

I guess the next thing is Exhaust, FMIC, suspension, brakes etc (not neccessary in this order!)

Rich.

What about a n75J Rich? Don't think it will increase power, but should hold more boost higher up the rev range.
Correct me if i am wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Cheers
Chris.

thanks guys acouple of questions though

1) what is an n75J?
2) what power increas from a new exhaust
3) seems that there is no intercooler available for an A3 unless of course you know different

thanks for the help

Jimbo

1) Think its something to do with air flow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Theres plenty of posts about it..
2) Negligable (sp).
3) Yes there is RichA3Turbo has one fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
T30GUE S3 said:
What about a n75J Rich? Don't think it will increase power, but should hold more boost higher up the rev range.
Correct me if i am wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Cheers
Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yeah, forgot about the N75J. We should really get round to trying this Chris. Get one and have a go... Let me know the results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
3) Yes there is RichA3Turbo has one fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! There are no "off the shelf" intercooler for the A3... Most of the Golf kits wont fit either apart from the ABD kit but is apparantly a pain in the **** to fit.

I designed and fabricated my own kit which does work VERY well indeed..however, the standard turbo just wont push enough air for it to be effective... there would be so much lag that any gains from temps would be lost in pressure drop. I'll let you know how it is with the IHI for lag when i get the car back from AmD today... had a boost leak which would increase lag so i expect it to be fully on boost by about 3500rpm as opposed to its previous 4000rpm

In all honesty, i dont think its worth fitting a FMIC to a K03 turbo car...gains will be minimal in comparison to cost...the best route for an otherwise standard car would be a Forge uprated sidemount intercooler which we do for £380+vat (including the 5% Audi-Sport discount we run)

Cheers

Rich

Second Rich's comments re the Forge side mount - I ran one on my 1.8T with good effect. Doesn't make power, but keeps power especially on warm days or long fast drives.