more power at 3/4 throttle

boost-addict

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Website
t.me
i had a strange thing going on yesteday, only noticed it in 5th but then trying in other gears 3rd/4th it was doing the same.
18psi at wot up to 5k, running vcds lite on the messuments, i get idle, pulling away gives part throttle, and then enrich as i put the throttle down past half way, even at full bost wot, the system goes in to part throttle at 5k, and the boost drops to 12psi.

is this the system protecting? read ages ago about the resistor mod between wires, so the system see say 12psi rather then the boost your running to prevent limp

so basicly doing 50/60 going wot, full boost, if i back off a little say 1/8-1/4 throttle the car seems to boost a little more and want to go more,

does this all sound mapping related. maybe its running a geniric chip. or just not set up right?

even tho its a k03 its always felt weezie, even tho full boost is 18psi between 3 and 5k. but even from the start i thought they are ment to boost longer, or cant the ko3 give 18psi past 5k?

so im going to get the car on vcds again and see if backing off throws it back to enrich,

ill try and record my screen to show what i mean

K03 wont give 18psi past 5k, infact i'm surprised it even manages to hold it to 5k. By the red line your probably down to something like 8psi.

"enrich" happens when you increase throttle position, ie move from 30% to 70% you get accelleration enrichment. It stops the engine bogging down in the short period of time between opening the throttle and the airflow catching up, and makes the car drive smoother. Even carburettors had a mechanism to produce the same effect, so dont worry about that.

It could be a mapping issue, but its hard to tell.

ok ive got a vid, its dificult to work out whats going on, and also the laptop screen darkened down just as i was doing a wot test at 2:30. you can pause and see the max maf flow etc,
im going to do a wot run tomorrow,

so up to 2:30 is mixed driving in a 30 and 40 mph roads then the system froze for a fews secs and you miss the first 5 secs of the wot run on a motorway fly over/dual carriage way, but you get the end, switches from enrich to part at 5200rpm,i do notice the injector rate only drops 0.3 when it switches, also im not sure why the predicted and theoretical is so apart 8 and 20 ms

then after that back to normal driving situation with some wot 3rd gear runs up to 50mph but i also figured my on/off throttle jerkyness
at 20 degree throttle i get enrich, not even 1/4 throttle and full boost! the car is actually just as quick at 1/4 throttle as it is at full throttle. and even feels to pick up quicker, like if i use 1/4 to 1/2 throttle the boost pics up quicker but full throttle feels no quicker??
going to have to run both 1/4 and wot tests on same strip of road

any way im going to record with sound tomorrow, and note mph and gears and psi as a reference if you think that would help.
also is modules 2, 3 and 4 the best use as i find these give the best measurements for my situation, shame theres no psi and mph input on the unregistered lite but whats run is ok i think

[video]http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn263/v6crazy/?action=view&current=clip0002.mp4[/video]

also wot is only 83 degree, thought wot would be a full 90?

Last edited: