1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More power 2.5tdi quattro

fakie Jun 29, 2007

1. fakie

fakie New Member

I have my A6 Avant 2.5tdi quattro chipped to 210bhp. Whats next?

2. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Moderator

From what i've found so far, not a lot without major alterations to engine components. The fuel pump won't go much further. I can't find an induction kit, not even a K&N filter. I have now turned my attention to suspension and brakes, the Koni FSDs have made a big improvement, still exploring whats available for brakes.
    What chip do you have by the way? Have you had it dynoed - Turbochip claimed 210, dyno says 196.

3. Macduff

Macduff Member

So did you get the engine fixed then?

4. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Who did your remap mate? I'm looking at having mine done.

5. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Moderator

Star start work next week. While i'm waiting for the verdict which I fear will be RIP, I've been hunting replacement engine quotes, looking at £3500 ish plus labour.

6. S2

S2 New Member

Anyone who has had a remap on the A6 180 TDI...
    Does it pull stronger from lower down ? I have flat as the proverbial witches tit until 1700rpm. For me, if the rechip doesn't tackle this by at least a couple or 3 hundred rpm, I'm not sure it's for me. Torque curves don't seem to figure in chippers sales lit from what I've seen.
    Anyone had a good experience ? Where from ?
    Cheers.

7. A6QuattroDriver

A6QuattroDriver Member

8. S2

S2 New Member

Thanks for that A6Quattro. I should say I was put off the r&s site by the 20 inch wheels featuring above everything else and only the Toureg mentioned re the 2.5tdi. Somebody has to cater for the vulgar well- heeled I guess
    Still non the wiser though, the remapped curves don't seem to offer much at lower revs than standard. Driveability should tell more, I was hoping there would be someone out there that's remapped and happy?