More miles on the Jaffa & A FLUTTERING NOISE !!!

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Well the Jaffa has been around wales this week.

Whilst driving & overtaking hard i have noticed there is a fluttering noise around 4000 revs, sort of a pulsing flutter if you understand.

I havent noticed this before probably due to the fact the radio is on but in the land of our fathers i got no radio reception so switched it off.

I have the twintake on so was wondering if its amplifying the noise. I have the standard DV back on as i took the god awful Forge on off.

As i said i havent noticed any change in performance & no misfires or rough running

Cheers chaps

i would have thought it was the DV? how comes you changed the Forge one??

i would have thought it was the DV? how comes you changed the Forge one??

Because i sounded like a chav :icon_thumright:

I have the Shark Stage 1 on but never noticed it before. Having said that i did get a Milltek fitted a couple of weeks ago so wonder if its because of that ?

its your dv on its way out, mine too :( if you dont want the forge one im sure we can come to some arrangement?

Hey Blackie, I have the Twintake, TBE and Forge DV too and only notice fluttering if I back off the throttle at lower revs. It wasn't audible before I fitted the Twintake and Forge DV, at the same time. I think peeps generally believe that the Twintake makes the DV noise - be it Rev 'D' or Forge - more pronounced. Nothing to worry about, I'd say. :wub: xx

Cheers Paulie

Im not listening to the "DV knackered" posts. I did that with the whistling tdi turbo and wasted £800.

The DV has only done 20000 miles and when I took it off to fit the forge looked as new inside. I will whip it off and have a check of it.

Be better if I could get an updated DV that didn't make that ****** noise. Anyone know of one ?

The one you have on your car will be the Rev 'D', which is the latest and best version of it, Dude. Don't know of anything you could do to quieten it down any. Is the noise really so annoying? Lots of peeps say they can hear the DV noise more because of the Forge Twintake, not sure if there's a CAI that makes the DV noise any less obvious. Weird one, ..coming from an Astra VXR that popped and spat everywhere it went to the much more refined, quieter S3, I welcome the odd bit of induction noise and flutter, but I know it's not for everyone. :wub: xx

Ah sorry Paulie

I meant the Forge, the original DV is fine & makes no sound. It was just this fluttering that i dont normally hear. May be best to put the radio back on again & stop being paranoid.
I may run a VAG just to see if owt is up !

Ah sorry Paulie

I meant the Forge, the original DV is fine & makes no sound. It was just this fluttering that i dont normally hear. May be best to put the radio back on again & stop being paranoid.
I may run a VAG just to see if owt is up !

Ahh, got you now, Sweetie. Yeah, probably best just to give it a scan to make sure everything's fine, but I'm sure it will be. That's the ticket, ..just crank the radio up a notch or two! :laugh: xx

Totally normal. Mine does this as well, sounds awesome. Its the DV modulating boost.

Cheers Silky

Nice to know that I can read a post that doesn't say "it's fcukdd buy a new one" without any reasoning behind it.

Yes it does sound rather nice in a good way. As you say a sort of sonic boom pulse.

Cheers ears

i am sorry i was under the impression that your car was a prefacelift i didnt realise it was the forge dv that you had fitted, i hardly think that it warranted being a ****er over it as the dv spring yields the noise will be more of a flutter rather than a dump

Well not being a w@nker as you say cost me money last time. I like to listen to facts & not heresay before i jump in future. Get off yer box..and wind yer neck in

theres a bit of a difference between a turbo and a dv, in this case the answer i gave was the best i could without actually hearing it

I never said it was the Turbo, thats another thread from a long time ago. I am saying that i will never listen to "its fcuked" again without listening to reasons as to why it is or other points of view as to what it can be. Listening to everyone say my turbo was knackered because it was "whistling" cost me over £800 so i will never take this route again. Changing it made no difference whatsoever. I still see threads posted to this day about whistling turbos & most still get the age old wifes tale thats its the turbo, whilst in most cases it may be true it still gets my goat up everytime i see it.....

The initial reply to Silky wasnt just pointed at you on this thread but to everyone who suddenly jumps onto a thread & says summat is knackered as you say without either seeing it or hearing it.
Silkys answer gave a reason as to why it makes this noise & he understood exactly what i was going on about. It may not have been the right answer but as its identical to the symptoms of his car then i,m happy with that.

Now we understand that its not a personal dig we can move on......hopefully

PS ...For the record i,m not a ****er but i am a tw@t

Last edited:
haha i was only trying to help based on my experience and what is currently happening to my car coupled with a gubbed exhaust im having a fun time