1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More control arm woes...

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by voteforpedro, Oct 25, 2008.

1. voteforpedro

voteforpedro Member

I can't remove O/S lower rear control arm from the hub. The bolt and threaded part spin together and there's nothing to grab hold of to stop it?

Also I can't remove the lower bolt for the drop link where it attaches to the ARB. Again, the pin and bolt spin. I noticed there's a flatted section on the pin but it's not hexagonal so I don't know what to do...
  2. CraigG

CraigG Member

ok for the bottom arm, stick the jack under the arm and jack it up, the weight of the car pushing down on the taper should hold it still... you might need all the weight of the car on it to actually hold it still though.

i'd recommend trying to tighten it back up first and wirebrushing/WD40ing the threads before trying to get it off again

as for the antiroll bar C link bolts, the ones on mine were standard nut/bolt affairs, you just stick a ring spanner on one end to hold it still and wind the nut off...
  3. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

Did you get new bolts / nuts? Just split them with an appropriately named splitter. (Available from most good motor factors!) You'll wreck what was on there originally but that doesn't matter as you're replacing the parts in question.
  4. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

Sorry, can't help you with the control arm issue, but I voted for Pedro.

His Sledgehammer is sweet!
  5. electricracer

electricracer Member

:lmfao::lmfao:

if refitting is the reversal of removal................how do you reverse hitting it with a hammer??