1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More 3.2 woes - Engine Management Light flashing - hesitant acceleration

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Hellz, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Jan 29, 2010]
    After 6 months of struggling to sort out lumpy idle and the engine cutting out I've had a good run of no issues until this morning on the way to work...

Driving along the A1 and all of a sudden the engine management light starts flashing and acceleration becomes hesitant/lumpy. The Engine Management Light only seems to flash under acceleration and I cant be certain but, it appears it happens from around 30-40mph upward.

Does anyone know what this could be? is this symptomatic of a coil pack failing?

Once my local indie dealer opens up im going to try and book it in this afternoon for a diagnostic but any advice/opinions would be appreciated...

As much as I love the car I'm getting to the point now where it's going to have to go :(
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Jan 29, 2010]
    ... I should add, the engine does sound a little rough and as if it isnt 'firing on all cylinders'.

Am I right in thinking that the Engine Management Light flashing is less serious than it being permanently lit? :S
  4. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

[Jan 29, 2010]
    Mine did flashing light, before it did solid light. Audi quoted £4500 to fix. I think I was unlucky though.

It could well be just coil packs, so hopefully no need to panic yet!
  5. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Jan 29, 2010]
    Cheers Pete. I'm obviously hoping it's simply the coil pack(s) however, I dont have much luck either when it comes to VAG cars - fingers crossed.