mono.pur Interior Finish

a3_phil

Reaction score
As I expected I'm starting to get the new order jitters and have been questioning everything from paint colour to considering a VW/Skoda along with everything in between.

The calming influence of the wife has settled me on most of the issues, but I have a lingering doubt over the mono.pur interior.

I haven't currently specified it, but I'm now considering it. Given that the reason I went Audi over VW/Skoda/Seat is the high quality of the interior I'm thinking it would be a shame to omit it.

Has anyone got anything bad to say about it, or is it a reasonable addition to the interior?

FYI I've already specced the interior light package.

The bad thing: It costs extra money
The good thing, I really think its a worthy upgrade, it looks good and feels very nice.

Excellent. I was teetering anyway so I think that's decided now.

It's exactly the sort of thing I'd regret immediately on delivery if I didn't get. Hopefully everything else I didn't spec won't bother me in the same way ;)

Done! Just emailed the dealer now.

Over the last six weeks or so I've gone through a quick and expensive process:

1. Thinking of keeping my current high miler '06 Mondeo.
2. Changing for a slightly newer Mondeo
3. Looking at a newer Volvo S40 T5
4. Looking at new Focus STs
5. Looking at new Leon & Skoda TDIs
6. Looking at a basic A3 or Golf GTD
7. Looking at an S-Line 184 A3
8,9,10..... Working on an ever growing list of options

All good fun until the money comes out I suppose :)

I did much the same with my order. Decided to upgrade to full nappa leather, then thought what's the point leaving out the mono.pur after spending all that extra.

Never actually seen it in the flesh, just trusting the collective wisdom on here!

I did also toy with the full leather, but I was actually really impressed with the standard s-line seats so I didn't bother.

My current car has the optional full leather recaros which are lovely but they felt more like a creaky old leather sofa compared to the s-line seats, even in the standard leather/fabric combo.

I have mono.pur, along with the luna silver interior (S3), it's lovely, considering the amount of time you spend in the inside of the car it's a worthwhile (IMO) extra to add ..

I test drove 2 cars, 1 with mono.pur and one without the difference is amazing, never thought that such a simple upgrade would feel so much better.

I know what you mean.
3 weeks ago I was absolutely sure I wanted a Volvo V40 D4.
After a testdrive in the Merc A180, I was sure that the Audi was a waste of time.
After seeing and driving I was sure the A3 Saloon was the car for me.
After being told they expected it Feb '15 at best i changed to a SB.

Think this is what they call First World Problems :think:

What is mono.pur?

without:
030__scaled_600_023.jpg

with:
mono-pur_zps7978d7f4.jpg

(armrest and some other things)

What is mono.pur?

As I understand it, it's a leather like finish to the door arm-rests and the knee guard bits on the centre console:

20497d1378245292-extended-mono-pur-interior-mono-pur.jpg

20498d1378245362-extended-mono-pur-interior-mono-pur-2.jpg

(Pics shamelessly stolen from another thread)

EDIT: Dammit, thread-ninja'd

Reactions: MatthijsR
Exactly, some (fake?) leather covering with stitching on the edges

[edit]
IMG_1805.jpg

Check the console part, no stitching)

Fine Nappa

"The seat centre sections, seat side bolsters, head restraints and front centre armrest in Fine Nappa leather. The upper shoulder sections are finished in velvet. Door/ side panel trim inserts in synthetic leather. Contrasting silver stitching on the upholstery, steering wheel and gear knob gaiter"

So no mention of the centre console / knee guard area and the point about door panel inserts seems a bit vague as it doesn't specifically mention the door handles themselves.

I don't think it does include mono.pur. Certainly you can specify them separately.

No mono-pur is an extra option over and above Nappa - but I've just got my A3 and it makes it feel really special inside.

I went for it and am glad I did (I also added it as an after thought after wrongly thinking it came as standard on the basis of an erroneous configurator image)

As others have said, it really finishes the interior nicely - and in my view particularly complements the B&O speakers if you have them, as the stitching in the armrests sweeps one way while the B&O lights sweep the other.

It is a bit expensive for what it is mind, but after you've taken delivery you won't remember the cost. You'll just enjoy having it plus the benefit of no lingering regrets!