1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money for a stereo code?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ad3crk, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ad3crk

ad3crk Member

[Sep 28, 2006]
    I been calling local Audi dealerships to get a code for my stereo, and there is a price range from $35 to $45..personally i think that is BS..i mean the car is mine and im paying for it so ...basically is there a service on the net to get the code? he said all the codes are specific to the head unit....my toyota just needed the VIN ....any help would be fantastic...:think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. ad3crk

ad3crk Member

[Sep 28, 2006]
    nvm guys i guess Audi Dealerships think if you own a Audi you are just made of money..the local VW dealership up the street is going to get me the code for free...:yahoo:
  4. macmukka

macmukka New Member

[Sep 28, 2006]
    I paid £25 for my code - had to get it because I was fitting a car kit and couldnt take the risk.

Oddly enough I took the radio out for a couple of days and it didnt need the code. I have seen posts where people report similar - perhaps you dont need it in the same car?? odd
  5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 29, 2006]
    It used to be free but now they charge you for the pleasure of them just looking it up.