1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods To 1.8T Engine

Jays Audi Turbo Apr 1, 2010

1. Jays Audi Turbo

Jays Audi Turbo I Love Boost :-)

Whats mods can i do to the engine etc, e.g like the n75 valve, bypass's etc and how do i do them as i dont have a clue i've been searching but cant find any thing relating to it, i've also seen that people have removed the rubber hose from the top of the inlet next to the throttle bodie what dose that do?

Jay

2. Jays Audi Turbo

Anyone

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

SEARCH man, there is so much info on here, search remap for starters

4. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

6. Jays Audi Turbo

I have a a3 1.8t agu engine

7. Jays Audi Turbo

8. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

The N75 will do very little, you may go into limp mode if you fit a J or H ( race ) valve

You best bet is Air filter and Exhaust then a remap

You could get a hybrid or uprate to a K04 or bigger

After that you need to open the engine to fit rods and valves

9. Jays Audi Turbo

Whats best filter m8 panel filter or induction kit behind front bumper and who's best for remaps?

10. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  11. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

The first thing i did was change my flux capacitor.... :think:

12. dancarpy

dancarpy S3 DCY

HaHa and went back to 2000/2003 so you had a brand new s3

13. Jays Audi Turbo

Would it be worth fitting a 3inch cat-back system as am looking to get 250-300bhp as i dont want to pay out for a 2.5 then buy a 3.0 later on so would it be easier to just a bang a 3.0 system on

14. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

bigger the better imo

15. Jays Audi Turbo

Yeah that i've been told there not that good on the a3 as there's turbo lag etc and am also gonna fit a 3inch downpipe de-cat?

16. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

If your going that big then yer id get a exhaust sytem, if not only the downpipe has to be changed. to get where you want to be youll be looking at a k03s hybrid. Its cost over 2k to do the lot. or even over 3k if you want the handling sorting aswell.

17. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I have a 1.8T A3 and have done the following...

Custom Code Stage 1 remap
    Forge TIP
    Forge 007 DV
    Custom cat back stainless exhaust
    Green panel filter for the summer in standard airbox - cone for winter when its cold

Thats all I'm going to do to mine as its got a KO3 turbo and anything else would be pretty pointless as the turbos maxed out as it is. Saying that all of the above has made such a HUGE improvement over standard and its really nice to drive.

I'd save some pennies to sort the handling out though as the standard set ups pants....too much body roll and epic arch gap :)

18. Jays Audi Turbo

Whats best bore size for my 1.8t i cant make my mind up, is 3inch bore ok with a large middle box to take most of the sound away and a small back box with full 3inch de-cat?

19. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

3" is a tad overkill considering the power output of the A3 and even the S3 for that matter... Milltek systems (for the S3 at least) are 2.75"

3" systems tend to be a bit noisier then a 2.5" system and most custom places only really do 2.5" systems as not many have access to 3" mandrel benders...

You won't notice the difference tbh so go for the option thats easier for you in terms of finding a system and don't pay a premium for a 3" system when they really won't make a jot of difference..

<tuffty/>

20. Jays Audi Turbo

Ok cheers m8 i think am going to do 3' downpipe de-cat then reduce down to 2.5 with a middle box and back box

21. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Sounds like a plan... :)

<tuffty/>

22. Jays Audi Turbo

Indeed :icon_thumright:

23. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

By doing what? Thats a big ask from an AGU without big mods....