Mods for my new b6 1.8t

Ro55

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok so im thinking of tuning/modding my new car and have a few questions.any advice would be great thanks

Air filter Cone or panel?

Stereo has BOSE id like to put my kenwood in,will i need any leads ect?

Exhaust best setup pipe dia ect? Brand?

Also i hear alot of deletes for the vac system ect is it really worth it?

Thank you

Deletes for the vac you should only really do if you decat it mate as for exhausts I had a custom on built on my mine and is perfect :) head unit if you stay single din think you need some leads for the back but if u want d/d you have to change the cage at the back of the dash :( as for induction
I have a panel filter as I find when u put a cone on these they drink a lot of fuel

ok cheers mate ive read some where a live will need putting in for after market,what dia pipe is yours and who did it,if you dont mind me asking. i cant see a cone would do much good unless big turbo.panel it is,i like greencotton what do you have.there not really induction noisey are they. ive noticed that from youtube.

cheers for reply

Mines a 2 1/2 inch pipe mate from cat back and had the middle box removed a company called rj performance in Birmingham did mine I know of a few audi owners have gone to him as he is a top bloke as for the panel I use pipercross buddy and no not much noise but does allow that better performance :) as for the live yes I have read that aswell but unsure as I havnt got round to changing mine yet as I'm going rnse sat nav in mine so just getting all the stuff ready lol

and me with the nav,dont like foam filters personal pref,im in shropshire mate so you must be kind of local? i had a quote off MJ performance £395 cat back thought that was really good?

I paid 375 for mine mate but I have a duel exit not sure with yours I've heard a lot of bad comments about mj so went with one that's had nothing but good lol Jason is a good bloke at rj and the work is top :) I'm near Banbury so had to travel a fair way to him if you are going sat nav mate u need
To change the whole cage and depending on if you want to risk it the aircon unit too

This is mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
oh banbury yeah you did travel,i lived in mk for a few years... yes mine is dual.ill give them a tincker. mine has the small screen nav,think ill leave it to be fair.ill miss my usb though. cheers nice motor!!

Cheers mate swapped it a few months back for a scooby and said rite I'm not spending any money on it lol and 2k later I've got a bug and just carnt stop lol :)

i looked at subarus hard to find a good one.went the sensible route.yes im like that with cars.just bought a proper xenon kit lol.

ha day before its due to be picked up he says its due a cambelt,after asuring me it had been done.so ive given it a miss. back on the hunt :(

Hi Ro55,

It also depends on if you are after more BHP out of your motor? I would go full 3inch decat downpipe route. USP motorsport do downpipes for all 1.8t's and are not expensive at all if you ask me. Also as ChrisFelton said, go with a custom made exhaust. Some places offer a lifetime guarantee.

Just my 2 pence but pipercross panel filters are supposed to be better than cone filters based on the countless reviews I have read on different VAG owner forums

What about a green panel filter any good?

Ive never come across them before but they look decent. However I still would go with Pipercross,simply due to the amount of customer feedback i've read.

Remap is a good first mod completely changes the way these drive :)

i got a diesel in the end,im a happy bunny 130 1 owner 90k watch this space lol

Reactions: DrStrange
Remap is a good first mod completely changes the way these drive :)

Agreed, but even better is..after a free flowing exhaust, preferably de-cat. It will be so different. A friend of mine had a bog standard 2000 A3 1.8t. After a decat full custom exhaust and remap, it was a completely different car.

First mod for these and best bang for buck is decat. £80 or so will get you a faster spooling turbo and much better throttle response.

Panel filter all the way, cone is pointless unless you want induction noise. There are people using the stock airbox with panel fitler and GT28 turbos never mind K03's.

Decat, filter, forge DV and remap would be money well spent.

As for vac line removal, its the poor mans way of fixing vac leaks. Id bypass the N249 valve and run your diverter valve direct from the inlet manifold.

Reactions: DrStrange
Not sure how I would do this myself but definitely seems to be the 'gospel' thing to do amongst our 1.8t's :icon thumright: