Mods for 2008

pav-g

Reaction score
Right guys as the title says what mods if any have you got planned for the new year.

To start off heres what I'm planning:
HID lights
Rear Parking Sensors
Original Reiger Kit (like J7USS's) im still looking but struggling to find

im too looking at rear parking sensors and have also been looking for a front end but im struggling a bit as i have a cab and nice kits are hard to come by.

merry xmas all.
lea

The jurys out on tints - never been keen but some of the pics ive seen on forum are slightly swaying my decision - we shall see. I agree mods for Cab are hard to come by.

i find the front end on the cab a bit bland, personaly i would like the s-line lower valance from a saloon but as normal it doesnt fit.

also the silver trim in the cockpit would be great but it never comes up for sale for a cab and its silly money new.
lea

Rick Glover said:
IMHO I am not sure it always works! :icon_thumright:
Your opinion dont count as its not your car or money.
When i change something on my car im doing it to make it the way i like it and if others dont like it i dont care.

mods for 08 for me include votex rear bumper(poss dual exhaust) and thats it my car will be finished. :)

chris_20 said:
mods for 08 for me include votex rear bumper(poss dual exhaust) and thats it my car will be finished. :)

Yeah thats what they all say.

lol, i know im gonna try and leave it at that but im sure a remap will come along some time afterwards aswell lol

Chris us **** sapiens are renowned for having itchy fingers - believe me we cant sit still, something will come along that catches your eye or should I say burn a hole in your wallet.

very true man, very true.spose itll never end! infact i want a better steroe aswell, god sake:lmfao:! lol

james0808 said:
Your opinion dont count as its not your car or money.
When i change something on my car im doing it to make it the way i like it and if others dont like it i dont care.

My opinion is mine. Your car and money are yours. Agreed. What I mean is that IMHO many mods I see in the South don't work.

Enjoy 08. Cheers:icon_thumright:

possibly tints and coilovers defo differnt alloys and not sure what else will see as the year goes on

:respekt: merry Xmas All.
I see you all have started thinking how big a hole you going to Burn in your Trousers next year already!!!.....

well If I dont upgrade to a S4/S-line Cab then my hole is gonna be a small one - I hope..

1.Get round to fitting my Aero Wiper Kit
2.Re-respray my Plastic fog Covers (which for some reason looked like I thrown acid over them)
3.Uprated Disc/Pads all round..
......erm...:think: .....
4.New air Freshener (a great Mod at that)
5.ah yeah.....New Wheels I reckon (if I still have it in the summer)
- Dont like to roam round in the same shoes for too long, I get bored.

So my definition of a small hole may be bigger than we all anticipate:crying: ..Damn..

I might be back yet,Few more brandys will get the Brain working again.:icon_thumright:

Give car its long overdue service, replace cracked windscreen, get dvd player fitted and hopefully to wash it more often.....!!

Rick Glover said:
My opinion is mine. Your car and money are yours. Agreed. What I mean is that IMHO many mods I see in the South don't work.

Enjoy 08. Cheers:icon_thumright:
There are many mods i see that i dont like,not many on Audi's though except for A8 alloys.
Good job we all have different tastes or there wouldnt be cars like J7USS's A4 except for them ****** silver foglight covers.:icon_thumright:

james0808 said:
There are many mods i see that i dont like,not many on Audi's though except for A8 alloys.
Good job we all have different tastes or there wouldnt be cars like J7USS's A4 except for them ****** silver foglight covers.:icon_thumright:

You get my point then!

Cheers:icon_thumright:

james0808 said:

Hey James you will be modding this year wont you? trying to get that beemer to look like a Audi:lmfao: :lmfao:

Rev-head said:
Hey James you will be modding this year wont you? trying to get that beemer to look like a Audi:lmfao: :lmfao:

I sold the beemer,oh and it looked better than an A4,handled better,braked better,was faster and sounded loads better.
I took a JEEP as a px,i was going to sell it on but i quite like it and ive already done some modding.
Addco front and rear roll bars,20" Antera's,new clear headlights,sidelights and indicators,stainless exhaust,the CAI off the 330(sounds awesome on the 4.0)and some tints.
Waiting for my H&R springs,bilstein's shocks,chrome grill and new brakes from over the pond,then maybe leave it like that for abit.

Heres a picture of the big fat yank.
When i got it.....
cherokeenop.jpg

And here it is a couple of weeks later....
Jeepnop.jpg

james0808 said:
vI sold the beemer,oh and it looked better than an A4,handled better,braked better,was faster and sounded loads better.
I took a JEEP as a px,i was going to sell it on but i quite like it and ive already done some modding.
Addco front and rear roll bars,20" Antera's,new clear headlights,sidelights and indicators,stainless exhaust,the CAI off the 330(sounds awesome on the 4.0)and some tints.
Waiting for my H&R springs,bilstein's shocks,chrome grill and new brakes from over the pond,then maybe leave it like that for abit.

Heres a picture of the big fat yank.
When i got it.....
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/james0808/Jeep/cherokeenop.jpg
And here it is a couple of weeks later....
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/james0808/Jeep/Jeepnop.jpg

Does it go round corners?

Nice jeep - so how much does it do per gallon. I believe they drink juice just for fun

looking Range Rovereyish!!
I nearly took one of them in Px for my ol'scooby.
Hefty Beasts

Rick Glover said:
Does it go round corners?
Not very good at first but does now ive got the Addco ARB's,it will go round corners alot faster when my new suspension arrives from America.:rockwoot:

pav-g said:
Nice jeep - so how much does it do per gallon. I believe they drink juice just for fun
It is a thirsty ******,i'm averaging 9.8mpg:sadlike:
I was shocked how far i cant get on a full tank(£90) but it is fun and the noise it makes is even better than my old beemer.
It actually works out quite well as my 330 would depreciate about £200 per month so if i spend £200 per month on fuel its free motoring.

chris_20 said:
I'm getting that alot or PIMP mobile.My mate got me a cane for christmas,says he will get me a purple suit to go with it,sad thing is i think he will expect me to wear it.:no:

Mods I have planned so far...

Entire interior swap from tan to black
Heated power non-sport leather swapped to black S-Line heated manual fabric seats, and then getting them retrimmed in black leather.
Brushed aluminum trim to replace the crappy wood (Oh, and I'm a Yank. Notice there's only 1 i in aluminum? :p )
S4 front, unless I can find a good deal on a Caractere or maybe a Deval
18" BBS CHs sitting in my spare bedroom refinished and fitted
Coilovers, probably Koni or Stasis Streetsport
Yellow fogs
DTM alcantara shift knob
RS4 Ebrake handle
B7 S-Line multifunction steering wheel (I have the last three sitting in my house. Just waiting for a few steering wheel parts and holding off till I do the full interior swap)
E-code Bi-Xenons to replace my US chrome housing headlights
Eisenmann exhaust
Cold air intake
Some type of trunk spoiler and a splitter for the S4 front
Tinted windows
And hopefully a sweet whole car vinyl wrap before I take it on the Modball Rally in June!

...I was thinking that Chris.
Alright for some eh, mind you Ive heard the americans say that its alot cheaper over there and lets face it, If we were paying 55c a gallon, we'd all be modding some more!!!

ill second that J7USS everything else is cheaper too.
almost everything ive got for my motor from a set of bulbs to a screen/nav has come from abroad, yet we still keep living here !!!!
your red motor is still looking fine, any more plans?
lea

J7USS said:
...I was thinking that Chris.
Alright for some eh, mind you Ive heard the americans say that its alot cheaper over there and lets face it, If we were paying 55c a gallon, we'd all be modding some more!!!

55c a gallon? I wish. But yeah, I'm here in England, so things aren't quite as cheap. I ship a lot of stuff in from Germany, and buy a lot from the US too, but finding the seats and a place to get them reupholstered is becoming a PITA. Well, I should say a place to get them reupholstered that doesn't want my left arm as a downpayment. Just picked up a B7 DTM shift knob too. Guess I'll sell the S-Line when the DTM get's here.

Well I was thinking about this myself. MODS for 2008.

So far I have had a REVO, 19inch alloys, Eibach suspension and a new DAB stereo put in my Audi A4 TDI. 2008 Mods as follows providing I can persuade the wife to let me part with more cash:

1) Body Kit. Rieger looks great but I also like the Caractere which is around 1600 quid for the kit so quite pricey.

2) Interior trim, maybe the carbon look or the aluminion again quite pricey

3) A Millitek exhaust system.

4) Air Filter possibly green.

I have a service due in 1k miles and the car possibly needs a new clutch and flywheel the dealer said as there is a juddering (not a misfire) on idle which could be down to misalignment of the flywheel. The clutch isn't slipping but the biting point is quite high. Hopefully my years warrantly that runs out in August will cover this. So I have to part with cash for this first. LOL

For the interior trim, I have a set of aluminum ( US spelling :p ) trim that I am getting with the seats I bought, if I can ever get ahold of the guy. I can use all the parts except the two dashboard pieces, so I might just buy another set altogether. What do the aluminum sets go for usually? Only had my Audi for about 10 months, so I'm still exploring the market for stuff. Oh, and it's brushed aluminum, not the fishscale stuff. It sucks that you guys can't get the prices we have in the states. I was looking at getting a Deval bumper and Eurogear carbon fiber hood (bonnet?) for mine, but shipping on the bumper would be 150 quid, and that's to the nearest airport. Same for the hood. Plus the new Rieger kit looks like crap to me. I like the old RS4 one.New one is too busy.

But just to let everyone know, I can get some things shipped here rather cheaply, due to being in the US military, and having a US post office on base. Maybe once everyone get's to know me I can help some of you out on getting stuff from the states.

sandspeed said:
But just to let everyone know, I can get some things shipped here rather cheaply, due to being in the US military, and having a US post office on base. Maybe once everyone get's to know me I can help some of you out on getting stuff from the states.

Right then, Where do I start!!!:yes:

I hear the Sline/S4 Door Blades are pretty Cheap over there. Would you be so kind to find out please mate?Im sure there will be a drink in it for you and Im guessing there would be a few others on here that would have sets too....:icon_thumright:

Sandspeed your my new best friend. Watch this space

I'll get back to you guys. I don't want to set this up like I'm a vendor or anything. I wouldn't be making any cash at all, just so the mods know. It would be just for convenience for you guys.