Model year change

No chance this year of face lift considering the below:-

A6 - First deliveries spring 2011, facelift announced autumn 2014 and deliveries first weeks of 2015.

A1 - First deliveries autumn 2010, facelift announced winter 2014 and deliveries start spring 2015.

Q3 - First deliveries summer 2011, facelift announced winter 2014 and deliveries start spring 2015.

A3 - First deliveries autumn 2012.

As a high volume model in the range I suspect it will follow a timeline similar to the A1. A good guess would be facelift announced late 2016 and deliveries early 2017. Demand is still very high. The engines might get some slight tweaks but it would be at the model year change time.

As said before the saloon and cab are still pretty new and given the current lead time on orders for all variants it's hard to see what Audi's motivation would be to launch a facelift within the next year or so.

Yeah I'm not expecting a facelift anytime soon (agree it's too soon for that), but I'm thinking like the update to the 1.4 COD from 140 to 150.

So surely makes sense to update the 1.6 tdi from 110 to 116 to bring it in line with the A1? Its already been tweaked once before from 105 to 110ps for the diesel last May I believe?

The 1.6TDI will no doubt be updated in the A3 soon - they're only going to make one variant of the engine after all. They will generally tweak engines relatively often as they're always striving to reduce emissions - the 1.4 COD change was more about reducing the emissions than the power bump really.

Reactions: Pulp84