1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model differences

b088in May 23, 2013

1. b088in

b088in New Member

Morning all,
    I am close to buying the 2006 cabriolet version 2.0 T and have just had a spanner in the works. I was after an s-line but just noticed a sport model. Is there a major difference between them?

Many thanks,

2. b088in

b088in New Member

The only other major difference I can see is the headliner and pillars are black instead of the grey on the s-line.

3. jimbooboo

jimbooboo Member

I have an s-sline 2006 cab theres quite a few differences, I think its leather as standard, silver interior timr bits, slightly lower, bigger wheels, firmer ride...

^^^ I think but these are somethings you can check.. Id just go for the s-line if i was you :)

4. ESD1711

ESD1711 Active Member

Remember that there will be natural differences due to the way the car was specced when new as well.....

i.e not all S-Lines will be the same and not all Sports will be the same.

5. b088in

b088in New Member

Ok, thanks for that. The car I am looking at seems to have a lot of the s-line bits, heated leather, chrome inserts, 8 spoke wheels, climate control, bose, paddle shift so has a fair bit of optional extras.
    Seems they have done the additional work after the purchase, as this is a sport version

6. b088in

b088in New Member

Just a quick question, was all the 2.0t 2006 models Quattro?

7. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member

They're all FWD.

8. b088in

b088in New Member

Thanks mate. I take it the 2.0t is just fine without quattro, as I'd have to look at the tdi models or the 3.2 if I wanted quattro. Not sure if it is really worth the extra over the 2.0t model