MOD cutting over 4000 armed forces jobs...

Fair enough really. Apart from Afghanistan I cannot see why we need a huge number of personnel. Particularly as we have so many rockets and guided missiles and drones.

And I can't think of anyone that would invade us in the next few years.

StateOfPlay:1603792 said:
Fair enough really. Apart from Afghanistan I cannot see why we need a huge number of personnel. Particularly as we have so many rockets and guided missiles and drones.

And I can't think of anyone that would invade us in the next few years.

Country has a lot of enemies for getting involved in other countries business.weather or not they can/will invade is anybodies guess.

I think.its a good thing,personay war means killing rebels & innocent men woman and children.

Country has a lot of enemies for getting involved in other countries business.weather or not they can/will invade is anybodies guess.

I think.its a good thing,personay war means killing rebels & innocent men woman and children.

Quite right, I only joined up to stick pitchforks into babies! :salute:

In all seriousness this is an ongoing process, the government likes to commit an ever reducing military to whichever is their flavour of the week. Soon the Army will officially be a defence force and the Navy a flotilla instaed of a fleet. Sure something happened in the late 30s when the forces had been drastically cut beforehand!

Still, if I could see into the future I'd know if the cuts made sense or not. Oh, and I'd be very rich on lottery winnings. Hopefully we won't need any carriers. Or planes on the carriers

EDITED TO ADD: Oooh, 100 posts! Need to get out more

Last edited:
I thought nukes were a deterrent against anyone wanting to invade us.

The biggest threat to our national security comes not in conventional warfare by invasion, but from home grown terrorism.

And that threat is because we fight wars in other people's back yards.

Reactions: Reload