Mobile Phone contract renewal

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Phone contract is up for renewal very very shortly, am with O2 at the moment but tempted to go to three due to the amazing deals they are offering, any one had any experiance with three??

cheers

Chris:uhm:

Yeah checked it out it seems to be good can do video calling too from our area.

When 3 coverage isnt available it drops to 02 anyway, so coverage probaly isnt going to be any worse. I am on my second contract with them, and can say i havent had any real problems at all.

I'm with Three, used to be with Vodafone but got sick of £120+ bills every month.

I cane my mobile and it only costs me £45 a month max with Three. I got a new handset on christmas eve cos i broke my other one, i looked at my call history last nightand since then i've made 7 1/2 hours worth of calls, sent 133 texts, 30 mins of video calls and 15 MMS texts.

What would that cost with Vodafone?!?!?!

All my mates have gone to Three now and video calls are quality.

The only reason i didn't change years ago is cos veryone said reception was flaky but it's fine.

You also get £5 worth of free downloads a month for ringtones, music, screensavers etc......

DO it!!!:arco:

I have the N73 with the X series pack on, and it seems ok, i am awaiting a memory card for it to put TomTom bak on

Sweet, thats what i've just ordered, where did you get the tom tom for yer phone??

My other half is on 3, as it's like you guys say, they are good value. I'm on Voda though, as where I work, it's nicknamed the 'Valley', so litterally the bottom of a ditch where phone reception and even digital TV reception is poor, but Voda works best there, I was on Orange 7 years previously...

Check out this site:

http://www.alexsmobiledeals.org/

For free phones and contracts. It's by a friend of a friend and he'll get a little kickback if you use the links, but even if you don't you can get the same deals.

You need to claim money back on a monthly basis, but it's not a scam, you just have to remember to claim the money (duh...)

:rockwoot:

I've been with 3 for just under 2 years. Not had any probs so far, reception's been fine. In fact, I've had a signal when others haven't on occasion.

They were also OK to deal with when I lost my handset and had to get all that crap sorted.

Just before Xmas I signed up with Three via e2save (online business of Carphone Warehouse - www.e2save.co.uk).

As one of their 'deals of the day' I got a completely free Sony K610i with 800 mins calls, 25 video minutes, 500 texts, 25 picture messages and £5 of free downloads per month. All completely free for a year on a 12 month contract (rather than £35 per month). OK, I have to send back my bills every couple of months to get a cheque, and the phone isn't the most up to date, but it isn't costing me a sausage.

Only one problem with coverage when I was working in Winchester - but later found out that was because the phone mast had been hit by lightning.

I've just change to vodafone and got a good deal from phones 4u.
500 text and 500 mins for £35 a month and got the w850i.
I did use to be with orange but they would not give me the upgrade of what i wanted even though i had been with them for 10 years.

next time your phone is up for renewal

speak to retentions ( department you want to cancel contract and move elsewhere)

your current provider will offer you a better deal, try it

ive done this 3 times with orange now

I use to use three but had problem with phone and was a nightmare getting it sorted .Indian call centres senario

Ive heard bad things about Three coverage etc,

On the other hand i used to be with 02 Bills in at over 100 a month, Switched to Vodafone took out an 18 month contract i got 1000 mins and 800 texts line rental is 35-40 quid cant remember but they're customer support is good (ie people talk english to you!)

Only problem is the crappy phone i chose the nokia N73 nothing but probs with it! but vodafone get the thumbs up!

J

rickparmar said:
next time your phone is up for renewal

speak to retentions ( department you want to cancel contract and move elsewhere)

your current provider will offer you a better deal, try it

ive done this 3 times with orange now

Tried it with O2 but they didn't seem that interested, shame really.

Joined three last night.

Thanks for the help guys

Chris