MMmmmm v2 manifold

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Got my nice shiny V2 fitted, had a bit of fun with a V1 so wasn't really looking forward to fitting this. Have to say though its a nice bit of kit and the fitment issues I came across before seem to have been sorted as this one fitted perfectly.Well pleased, bought it direct from Relentless via ebay, got it for a bargain with a cheeky offer and it only took 6 days to arrive from the states!
Car sounds epic now, I have a 3" turbo back and the mani has made it much less droney and more growly on full chat!! Bring on the next map.
Cheers all

You should hae got it re-welded first just in case!

how long did it take ti install? Heard its hard on an 4wd that fwd to fit

so Relentless sold you a V2? Not a V3?

Did you buy this recently as i Guarantee it's not a v2!

Its a v3 in sheeps v2 clothing!

I don't think people are aware what is being sold at the moment! There are no more v2's just v3's made too like v2's... I tried to ask the other day if anyone knew what was going on nobody does.... Ask s3dave what the new v2 is all about....

I personally think they HEARD the v3 was rubbish so decided to re-invent the v2 again but with v3 flanges... If its new then it ain't a v2 as we know and love cracks and all.

This would typify why relentless to me = waste of time and space

who knows what you actually receive

what is consistent, is their complete inconsistency.... Seemingly in every aspect... including naming what they in fact sell!
If rebranded a v3 back into a V2 and all they are doing (maybe, naughty if so, like they care) is not fitting the tabs, then its still a V3.. still smaller bore than a V2, and as ever just as inconsistent in flange hole centres...

What are they playing at?

I believe it's the thinner cracking pipe work but with the v3 flange so openings all offset.

ive just refitted my v2 (after it cracked and re welded).
It was still a pig of a job to fit with the engine out (nuts 2 and 7)

When is the badger5 mani going to be launched :hubbahubba:

I bought it recently, looks like a v2, ports match up just fine and fitted flush. I paid 155 delivered so im happy either way :)
Havnt had it welded but did bother to use the turbo support bracket....took 6hrs with the head on :( Ive had more fun at a funeral to be fair, done it 5 times in total now....

Only problem is theirs no other CHEAP alternative is their, unless your producing one Bill?

Exactly. For the price i paid im happy. And for those wanting 300+ on a k04 setup its the only way...

Only problem is theirs no other CHEAP alternative is their, unless your producing one Bill?

Dont confuse CHEAP with Quality

and yes............. there is something in the wings, pending testing.. pending me finding time to do it.

Reactions: kwistof and Vex182
Dont confuse CHEAP with Quality

and yes............. there is something in the wings, pending testing.. pending me finding time to do it.

You should send it over to me
I'm not working at the moment, so can test it in this 40deg heat :tumble:

just saying :whistle2:

I bought it recently, looks like a v2, ports match up just fine and fitted flush. I paid 155 delivered so im happy either way :)
Havnt had it welded but did bother to use the turbo support bracket....took 6hrs with the head on :( Ive had more fun at a funeral to be fair, done it 5 times in total now....

Bad idea not fitting the turbo support bracket. Mine was fited but bolt came loose and fell off. Then this happened:

The turbo was moving side to side massively once I had removed the DP. It hadn't totally snapped but only took a little effort to split the mani in two peices - made it easier to take it off the car!

I now have another V2 from Relentless (well i think it is) getting welded up by S3Dave this week.

Amongst some of the issues were the runners did not match with the flange, so its getting ported out.

Hopefully this one will last longer - will fit the bracket properly this time....

On the plus side my turbo is being rebuilt by Dan into his new spec hybrid!

As they say, you buy cheap you buy twice or three or four.

For something that is a real PITA to fit, I would only want to do it once. Nothing worse than having the same part keep failing on you and ruining your drive time :(

to me, quality would be first on the list, then flow, then price.

Unfortunately there are not many other manis out there for the K04. The JBS one has quite a few issues - think the other one is from TSR. Not heard much about it other than it is v expensive...

Thought the JBS manifold was fine just needed porting slightly at the collector?

end of the day, when you buy something like a manifold, it should just go straight on and work.....

should need re-welding and porting etc.

Oh yeah and the XS manifold should come with OEM gaskets insteead of the tin foil they supply.

there other aftermarket ones are so expensive because they know there is nothing else on the market, so they raise the price when it probably cost half of that to make it

Well guys your all going to be in for a treat soon :), just hope sam hurries up and posts the good news up lol.

Well guys your all going to be in for a treat soon :), just hope sam hurries up and posts the good news up lol.

lmao at the excitement.. you have seen the previous incarnations and issues, and are getting excited about something else, not yet tested, not yet released and made by the same company who have had 3 versions (so far) and this is the 4th attempt at getting it right.

486735_4302679105537_1329204713_n.jpg

Its based on the spiderworx manifold shape wise. elegant design. big big question for me is will relentless make it consistently and will it perform (testing to be done) and will it be reliable, will it fit without having to modify it first.

Its design merits are that its design is simpler, its tube sizes are internally larger, and being less cumbersome, it stands a fighting chance of being ok. Looking fwd to testing one. I am a big sceptic of relentless's antic over these past 3+years, having been involved with welly initially with XS, and advising, feeding back suggestions to samb on the latter ones. If they can convince me they are on top of this, and that when tested this will work well, it should be a goodun. Cautious in saying this, as we have been here before.. v3 for example.

Spiderworx basis of design shape, clean and simple.. i like it
spiderworx-k04-exhaust-manifold-2.JPG

Reactions: s3dave
It just looks so pretty though haha.

I know what you mean though bill, the proof will be in the pudding as they say and i think itll be a few months before these are shipped out.

I have offered myself as a test dummy in a selfless act of charity.....

has anyone used a spiderworx mani? They dont seem to be on the market anymore.

my money is on the circled area being a problem for the V4

V4

has anyone used a spiderworx mani? They dont seem to be on the market anymore.

my money is on the circled area being a problem for the V4

View attachment 15603

indeed. thats a focal point.
and why i have asked for wall thickness on fb - awaiting answer

testing will reveal fact from fiction and whether this is smoke and mirrors or something with merit and +ve function

you never know.. relentless might get it right one day

:p

this was my franken_manifold i made a couple of years ago to prove i could. no its not available for sale.
runners from cyl were made from sch10 1.25" fittings, and merged into 1.5" sch10 fittings for 3.2mm wt and larger bore.

b5-k04-mani-beadblasted-1.jpg

bent tubes, mandrel bent ones also, will have thinner material on outside of the bends.... cast bends are uniformly thick in comparison

food for thought

testing will show whats occuring

Have imissed something? What was wrong with the v3. Im not on facebook so guessing im missing i fo from there?

Looking at a stock k04 mani, the 1st and 4th cylinders are kind of separated from 2nd and 3rd cylinders. I'm guessing is got to do with the firing order.

Now with this V4, 1st and 2nd share the same runner as do 3rd and 4th. They join pretty close to the head flange. I wonder if it will have an effect on the flow, as cylinder 1 would be firing just after cylinder 2 and cylinder 4 would be firing just after cylinder 3.
1 - 3 - 4 - 2

Version 5 :shrug:

View attachment 15625

Attachments

• XS v4.jpg
    XS v4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
yea the 'new' design does look abit easier to fit.. although I will sit on the fence for a bit and await reviews :tumble:

i dont like the look of it. at all.

if a revolutionary new mani is to be released from somewhere with a brain and some R&D it needs to have a merge collector.

i dont like the look of it. at all.

if a revolutionary new mani is to be released from somewhere with a brain and some R&D it needs to have a merge collector.

No it does'nt

Log manifolds work fine.. to a point.. and the point on K04 is very low in flow terms compared to proper BT setups which do and indeed will benefit from merge collector design.

whether the runner which is the collector bit will support the flow is the question on this design.
untested, and when it gets to that bit, then facts from idle chat and opinions will be revealed and confirmed.

merge collector is better of course, but not the be all and end all imho

will be interesting to test this shape.. who knows.. lol

I wish someone would develop a proper manifold that has none of the crap that the relentless manifolds have been notorious for eg. fitment issues, cracking etc.