MMI/Software/Navigation Version

A6@georgemac

Reaction score
Hi, only found this forum - have been posting on VWAudi forum and also have this posted on there. Grateful for any advice.

I recently purchased a 2016 A6 Sline 2.0 TDI Ultra demonstrator. Previously had a 2011 A6 Sline Spec Edition (Le Mans)
Been trying to find out MMI information (very confusing as guides etc written for highest spec which I don't have)
Car Has
Software Version RMC_EU_P1432B
Nav Database Version 8X0919884J-P32-50-15.03 (Europa 2016 maps on 8 Gbtye SD card)
It does not have the Sim Card slot - just the 2 x SD card slots.

When I bought car, the salesman told me be careful when putting car to valet (do it myself anyway) etc, as it's not unknown for SD cards to be removed and sold on. If this happens you have to buy another card from the dealer and have it activated.
I tried cloning the SD card - so I could run with a copy in the car and leave original in house - but it did not work.
Is there anyway to clone the SD card?

I also saw this website and would be interested in opinions - not time yet for me to update my maps (did the old A6 myself with advice/files from A5 Forum) - but this company seems reasonable compared to main dealer?
https://www.audiupdates.com/audieurope

My old A6 had MMI Plus with a hard drive.

I also discovered no service book, and have registered with My Audi. The car was serviced by the main dealer before I took delivery but not showing on MY Audi - over a month ago now - surely the details should be on there by now? Just shows the Inspection delivery.

For the RMC / SD card based navigation there is no hack available to activate the maps. All the maps on audiupdate are for A6 hard disk based systems, also even if there was a way of hacking the SD based system you may invalidate the warranty on your MMI system, as the dealers system knows what MMI & maps version are activated for you vehicle.

Try this tool to see if it will image the SD card. http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/

Cannot help with your servicing issue.

Try this tool to see if it will image the SD card. http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/

Thanks for the advice. Now I know only way is with SD card activated on the Audi servers - when I want to upgrade I will try the company I have linked to see if they can do anything.
The software linked is easy to use and making the backup card now - I'll try it in the car tomorrow and post back result.

Servicing issue - I'll contact the Audi dealer I bought the car from - they were supposed to follow up with a couple of things and have taken longer than I would have expected.

The company you have linked to is just an illegal seller of Audi's map's. You can download the same files from gps underground or other web site all for free without paying them a penny for pirated software.

Thanks, looked a pretty good site for a dodgy one!
I have a garmin nuvi with free lifetime updates - will keep that in the boot for future use as I reckon it will be more cost effective than Audi Map upgrade - that's what I don't understand - if they lowered the upgrade price more people would buy it.

For the RMC / SD card based navigation there is no hack available to activate the maps. All the maps on audiupdate are for A6 hard disk based systems, also even if there was a way of hacking the SD based system you may invalidate the warranty on your MMI system, as the dealers system knows what MMI & maps version are activated for you vehicle.

Audi have gone the same way has Mercedes in that ALL service history is stored on line and fed back to HQ . You can request a print out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The cloned SD card did not work - same as my previous attempt.
I am old fashioned and liked the service book and stamp. I will be contacting the dealer. I will check the handook to make sure they did not put printed copy in there - but sure they never - but the oil service and inspection service both reset on the car, and was greed to be fully serviced before delivery.

In the past I have had warranty period service done at main dealer - then used my local garage from there.

It must be getting information off the actual hardware of the SD card so I think your out of luck on the duplicate option. I used that tool a lot for operating systems and it's always made perfect copies.

As above all details of every car are stored on VW geko database, on all new models the coding & configurations are saved to this database so Audi know if anything has been changed come service time, Also if anything goes wrong with the car then the dealer uses the information stored to reset the car back to factory defaults that are stored on the server. The dealer can also update this information when updates are applied to the car.

Contact Audi customer services as to why the service information is not on the website as it's not something the dealer can help with.

if you want to copy the card you will need to do it on windows, (mac and linux add their files) afterward you can use any free program to make an iso image then "burn it" on any other sd card with same size using other (or same if got the option) program.