MMI Screen Problems

Markjb

Reaction score
My screen has developed a bit of a problem and wondered if anyone has come across the same thing.

About 6 months ago I retrofitted a 3G HDD Nav from 3G Basic, which meant a new Nav unit, cable, screen and trim. Everything seems to have been ok until recently my screen has taken to doing some weird things.

Firstly I had "ghosting" e.g. if I was in reverse and the reverse picture came on, when I take it out of reverse and the Nav screen re-appeared, you can still see a feint outline of the reverse picture.

Now it has gotten a bit worse in that the screen goes black sometimes, sometimes flickers and sometimes a series of vertical lines.

I'm guessing either the cable from Nav unit to screen or the screen itself. I've a new cable on order as it's the cheaper of the 2 but wondered if anyone had come across this before?

TIA

M

Last edited:
It does sound like either a bad cable or screen, but not seen that fault before. Have you check the connections before you buy at kit.

Hi mate. Yep, tried the connections first before ordering the new cable which meant taking the instrument panel out again (I'm a dab hand at that now lol!!).

I have a dim memory of snagging the cable when fitting so am hoping that is the issue. I can't find anything on the net.

Good news I've fixed it.

Bad news it wasn't the cable (bought and installed a new on), it was the screen.......

At least it's fixed now.