1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI + Satnav

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Cannonz, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Cannonz

Cannonz New Member

Hi,

Can someone shed some light on this for me.
    I bought a new 60 Plate A4 Avant last year i opted for quite a few extras to say the least as i love my gadgets i.e. the B&O and DAB which sounds amazing i must say but unfortunatley i forgot to take the MMI option which was stupid on my behalf :( i also never took the satnav for which i'm also sorry about due to having my tomtom wasting my dashboard with a sucker stuck to the window and a trailing cable to the lighter socket :( Anyway my question is this i know i can get the MMI installed as an optional extra at the dealers for £400 but can i also have the satnav added as well or does that need the head unit changed also..?
    If this can be done does anyone have a rough idea of the cost or maybe some other place that can supply and fit cheaper?

Thanks
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

Mmi for £400? Are you talking about AMI (Audi music interface) for £400. I take it you have concert or symphony unit install at the moment with no controls around the gear stick.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. Cannonz

Cannonz New Member

Hi,

Sorry yes i meant AMI, I have a Concert with the B&O advance sound system, no unfortunatley i have no audio controls at the gear stick, by that statement i take it i'm screwed then apart from just adding the AMI only or spending mega bucks getting the centre console changed as well..?
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

You would be looking at £2000+ to retrofit full mmi, and without mmi you cannot fit nav.

Take a look at KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG
  5. Cannonz

Cannonz New Member

Thx for the info but i'm not going to spend as much as that as i won't gain anything back from forking out that much when i sell it, Will probably be trading in next year for A5 and i will make sure i don't make the same mistake twice ;) will just persiver with stick on tomtom till next year ;)

Thanks again