MMI Outlook 2010 Suggested Contacts issues

Martin L

Reaction score
Finally my company has moved from the Blackberry dark ages to iphone. HOWEVER there is strange behavior with how it deals with outlooks suggested contacts.
I've set it up on the iphone so it doesn't pull those through to my contacts which is all good, but for some odd reason on my car it pulls them through but only on the main screen. It doesn't pull them through to the DIS.
I for the life of me can't figure out why. I don't want the suggested contacts on my car at all as they're useless there and clearly the MMI can somehow not display them as they don't appear in the DIS contacts list.

Is this a software bug with the MMI?

Hmm, that's very odd indeed. I have 2 sets of contact groups on my iPhone, iCloud and Google Apps for Work work and sync fine. Have you tried disconnecting the phone and trying a full sync again?

Hmm, that's very odd indeed. I have 2 sets of contact groups on my iPhone, iCloud and Google Apps for Work work and sync fine. Have you tried disconnecting the phone and trying a full sync again?

I've given that a go before but no joy.
It's pulling the suggested contacts regardless of bluetooth of hard connected.

I need to figure out if the iphone is pushing or the MMI pulling the wrong data.

My guess it'll be the iphone as I'm an android fanboy :p

I also get sync'd with an Exchange Server.

I have to go into my suggested contacts every weekend and delete them, to stop them appearing on the MMI.

I also don't sync my Exchange Outlook contacts to stop the same thing happening.

Its the sh1tty iphone. Or the sh1tty Audi. Or both ;)

Had a play around with the iPhone and the contact groups and regardless it just pulls whatever contact data is 'available' on the iPhone. So it appears the Audi is at fault...
With my android phone it pulls all the numbers too but at least I manage those contacts better with Google.

Odd thing though is that the iPhone isn't transferring across the images from gmail contacts. My android phone does.
So conclusion is same as v8, iPhone and Audi are $hitty. :D

Roll on Apple CarPlay and Android auto I say and leave the media stuff where it belongs on the phone :)

Can you write locations back to contacts on android or only to the MMI like with a iPhone?

What functions is that?
I only have pauper spec SD Nav.
I can only pull locations/addresses from my contacts and not add.

I've also figured out the difference between the DIS and dash screen. The DIS only shows contacts with phone numbers as you only use the DIS to make calls.
I'm guessing the dash screen shows all contacts as I'm assuming if you have the audi connect you can facebook, tweet, email etc. to the contacts lists.

Not really, the combination of Apple and Audi leads to unwanted suggested contacts :p

Not so clever.

I give up on this...
I though I would see how well the MMI works with Android, and it's great at getting all the correct contacts across, BUT with the profile picture attached to the contacts it is just random.
I've got most profile pictures in my google contacts and as Android can and does link images to social media too it can pull those images across.
Now the MMI sometimes chooses the google images and sometimes facebook but then on some it doesn't pull any image at all.
It just isn't consistent to what it does so I don't know what I need to fix and to be honest I've lost the will to live with trying to sort it out... :audibash:

Found it.

Switched it off.

Problem Solved.

e1oYPe1.jpg