Mmi Not Shutting Down

carpetbagger

Reaction score
Hi all had an issue with my mmi on my audi a6 c6 2.7 tdi would like to shut the system down prior to removing key but despite holding the power button down it refuses to shut down
Sometimes it will mute but not shut down just wondered if anyone had same issue and any fixes have tried contact cleaner to no avail cheers all

What firmware version are you running? I do remember reading about a simlar bug in an old firmware

Hi not sure if this is the right info but switched mmi on went to car then version this came up
sw c6 hu 6350 11.1 00442
hw c6 hu 6351 02.0
cheers

i turn the button off next to the screen, the screen goes off but music still plays, guess ive got the same fault

Yes same fault going to scan car see what faults come up will update

The button next to the screen is only for switching the screen off. It's the volume button on the MMI control panel than if you hold it down for around 5 seconds it will put the MMI into a sleep mdoe, so no screen and no music.

carpetbagger, I take it you have MMI basic judging from the firmware version you have posted?

Reactions: gupsterg
not really sure but yes i do believe it is the basic ( how would i confirm this ) and the issue is that no matter how long i hold the volume button down for it will not mute or shut down the system
i can turn the screen off with the button by the side of the mmi
The real question i suppose is ,is it a virus in the system does it need an update or is the volume button at fault
i am more than okay with majority of mechanical work but when it comes to software updates and the like i am a bit wary
cheers for your replies

Went and measured screen six and half so should be basic might strip mmi console and use contact cleaner on volume button
you never now your luck