MMI Map update latest version?

New S4 Man

Reaction score
Hi all, i've (finally) managed to log into my audi to download the latest nav maps.

However i'm not sure which is the latest version. In the screen shot below it would seem there are two listed, one 2017, and one 2017/2018 which next to it says "you can buy up to date maps from your Audi partner"

Does this mean i'm not allowed to download the 2017/18 maps? I'm currently downloading a 20GB plus file but It's not really clear which version is actually downloading?

Any of you guys know which the latest version should be?

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2017 10 04 at 184645

I bought it "used approved" from an audi dealer. It's about 2.5 years old.

Guessing its a 64 plate car .. You only get 5 free updates from the initial factory install. That's 5 free consecutive updated versions announced from the factory install version. Updates are launched appx every 6 months. You cannot miss a year of updates and think you still have updates left to install as its based on the factory date + 5 consecutive updated versions past that date. There are threads on it. 13/14 and now some 15 plate cars are all approaching / passed the 5 free initial update period. If you want to update you have to pay £££.

Jungle

Fair enough. Are there any "non official" routes by which one may obtain the latest update? I would be happy to pay but imagine Audi will bend you over for the privilege.

Hi. I have a 2017 A3 and have used the myAudi portal. Where do I find the updates? I have had the maps installed in the car when I purchased it last August so I should have the latest ones.

Hi. I have a 2017 A3 and have used the myAudi portal. Where do I find the updates? I have had the maps installed in the car when I purchased it last August so I should have the latest ones.

Depends if Nav is SD card based or if Nav is hard disc based. Hard disc based can be updated by downloading from the website as per 5 consecutive updates. SD card based requires a new SD card, purchased from a dealer.

Presuming you have a HD based system you will have an option to download updates / view latest hardware avail. The site keeps changing but you should easily see the option if you have a nav that can be updated by the user.

Sticky threads on the subject.

mine is an SD card based navigation. When I checked out the car originally this was missing but it was installed on delivery