1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmi initializing problem with iPod

glens14a Oct 7, 2009

1. glens14a

glens14a Member

Hi folks,
    Can anyone help with a problem with my friends A6.
    Had a Mobridge iPod kit fitted to the car a while back but have had the same problem on and off, almost every time the car is started the display comes up with mmi initializing and stays like that for a good 30 minutes.

We have had the Mobridge replaced but it still does it and they think its a problem in the MMi software.
    The car has factory Navi/Bluetooth and CD Changer if that makes any difference?

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

It will be a software compatability problem. Is your firmware the latest on the MMI

3. glens14a

glens14a Member

we put in 98 04/2008 8k0 906961A but still doing it?

4. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

This is a common problem with Mobridge units. You need to use the Audi AMI interface, and code your car with VAG-COM.

PM me if you need one.

5. glens14a

glens14a Member

Is this Audi AMI to use with the Mobridge or instead of.
    I've got access to Ross tech vag-com will this help?

edit: Do'h I should have searched before asking

Does the AMI work with the CD changer or would we loose that and does it really need a new glove box?

pm me a price if you can.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  6. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

Yo can still keep your CD Changer, as the the AMI will sit next to it in your glove box. As you have Vag-Com then its a very easy job.

The AMI will need power and the fibre optic lead, but these are availble from Kufactec.de you will just need the loom.
    http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...ce-w-iPod---Retrofit---Audi-A6-4F-MMI-2G.html

Can you kust confirm that your frined has an A6 2005-2009 model?

PM Sent.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009