1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI Cable and SD Cards

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Dyewitness, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Dyewitness

Dyewitness New Member

[Apr 21, 2013]
    Hi Folks,

Got my new A3 on Friday, few photos in gallery.

How much am i looking at for a cable for connecting ipod up to it?

Secondly do all types of sd card work in the system?

Ally
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Apr 21, 2013]
    Hi Ally,

You should have had an iPod and USB cable supplied with the car. Give the dealer a call tomorrow. There are a few theads on here though about compatibility of different cables with different iPods. There's one with a blue collar and another with a red collar.

Have a look here for more details: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-list-what-do-we-know-so-far.html#post1835748

Most SD, SDHC and SDXC cards work fine. I have a Sandisk 64Gb which works fine but haven't encountered problems with any brand.
    SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration Free Packaging: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
  4. Dyewitness

Dyewitness New Member

[Apr 21, 2013]
    Thanks Hittchy,

So far have not found any cables in car, will call dealers in morning and see what they say.

Ally
  5. selar

selar Member

[Apr 22, 2013]
    The parts number is in the Snagging list thread, in case you get any grief.
  6. Dyewitness

Dyewitness New Member

[Apr 22, 2013]
    Spoke to dealer and they confirmed they didn't put them in car in error so posted out to me today.

SD cards ordered.

Thank you for your help!
  7. AshbyAudi

AshbyAudi New Member

[May 2, 2013]
    My car was delivered without any iPod cables. It was supplied by a dealer in the south but I live in the Midlands so I went to local Audi dealer to get the cable and I was quoted by the young lad £52 + vat. He also informed me that they are supplied by Audi to the dealer free of charge, so I thought it was bit of cheek them trying to charge £52+ pounds. They said they do give them away free to a car purchased from them but wouldn't let me have one.

I contacted the dealer in the south who apologised and promptly sent it to me. I have an all black lead and it appears to work with my latest gen iPod although no artwork which doesn't bother. Sounds great in AAC lossless and B&O