mmi and ipods..!

aprilia dude

Reaction score
hi all..
I have mmi plus (tech pack high) in my A5 and im wondering if anyone knows why the album artwork dosent come up on the screen while using the ipod (plugged in the glove box).. the ipod has all the artwork on it and is set to show all the track details.... I can get some art work while using the sd card source but none at all from the ipod... any feedback will be welcome..!! :racer:

It depends on which MMI you have, 2G or 3G and also which lead you are using to connect. If you have 3G MMI you need the 'red collar' lead. The Audi part number is 4F0051510R if you put that into the search box on your favourite auction site should find plenty of non OEM versions. I bought one on there for about £25 inc P&P and it shows the album artwork with no problems.

I think that the artwork cannot be displayed on the 2G MMI. A more knowledgeable member will be along soon to confirm or deny this.

Thanks for your reply marky ... The car is a 2014 model so it must be a 3G version ...and its mmi plus with the joystick in the centre knob .!
The lead I'm using is part number
4F0 051 510K

Last edited:
I've the blue collared lead on my 1st Gen iPod Touch. No artwork on that as per above but all other controls work for me.